Egyptian visa
  • Hi Diana, getting visa upon arrival in Cairo Airport depend on ur nationality. So please advise me about it & I'll reply u ASAP. Also If you are looking for someone to arrange a trip for u in Egypt, I'll be more honorable to help u. thanks.
  • Hi and thank you for your reply.

In answer to your question, I am English. I am planning to stay In Egypt for at least a month as I am looking at relocating permanently to Egypt. I have already made enquiries at a college to enrole on an Arabic course as I think it is important I learn the language and am in contact with some letting agents regarding renting a suitable apartment for myself and my daughter. I will also be looking at em0loyment opportunities during my visit, possibly English Teacher. Any assistance or advise you may be able to offer would be grately appreciated. I will also be arranging my own flights over the internet. The last time I visited in January it was arranged through my local travel agent, but they only deal with hotels which would be far too expensive.

Any advice you csn gve on the visas at the airport and accommodation or floights would be much appreciated and I hope to hear from you very soon.

Thank you

Diane
  • I'm flying Johannesburg to Cairo to London (I have an Egyptian visa but it expires on the 9th of June). I fly back London to Cairo to Johannesburg on the 12 th of June. When landing from London is there is a period of about 5 hours that I have to wait at Cairo Int airport before my flight departs for Johannesburg (I am South African). The flight is on the 12th of June. Will I be ok to wait in the airport building or do I have to get another visa after departing from London and waiting to fly to Johannesburg when I'm in Cairo ?

Derick
  • Hi

I DO NOT APPEAR TO HAVE RECEIVED A RESPONSE FROM YOU FROM MY PREVIOUS MESSAGE OF A DAY AGO. AS MY VISIT IS IMMINENT I WOULD BE VERY GRATEFUL FOR YOUR RESPONSE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE REGARDING OBTAINING A VISA AT CAIRO AIRPORT AND NASSISTANCE WITH THE TRIP IN GENERAL.

i LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR URGENT REPLY

THANKS YOU

DIANE
  • Hi Diane, Sorry for late responce. As u holds english passport so u Will have the visa in Cairo Airport.
  • Thank you.

Am i correct in saying that i will need to pay for these 3 visa in US$? Where do we go upon arrival to obtsin the visa and how much are they each please?

Please let me know as soon as you can

Thank you

Diane
  • Hi

I do not appear to have received a reply to my message yesterday about visas being obtained at cairo airport. please advise where we should go upon arrival at the airport to obtain the visas, if we need to purchase them in US$ and how much they are each visa.

Thank you

Diane
  • My wife and I will fly from Johannesburg to London via Cairo (Egypt Air) on 6 August 2009.Our lay over in Cairo is 6 hours exactly (arrive 06h45 depart 12h45). Wil we require transit visas? Thank you kindly for your response.
  • hi there,

After reading the above comments i have found that on arrival i will be able to purchase a tourist visa as i'm an aussie. do they take most currencies or should i have egyptian currency for the visa payment? If i do use there currency do you know how much it would be?

thanks for your help :)
  • Bueller - they will accept most currencies, and have a bureax de change and ATM close by to help with the conversion.
  • hi i am flying out to cairo but will be staying in alexandria for 10 days i hold a british passport and would like to know if it will be possible for me to obtain a visa when i am there as it is to short notice for me to apply here, i would really appreciate your help and could you please include how much this will cost aswell.

thank you for your help and i wait for your response :-)
    have a great day :-)
  • Hi,
    I am an american citizen and would like to visit Egypt this summer as a tourist. Do I need a visa and how can I get it?
    Is it a good time to visit the country and how much money shall I need to have a decsent stay there for a week and visit the famous places?
  • Hi there,

I hold a New Zealand passport and fly into Cairo early May for just under two weeks. Can I get my visa on arrival at the airport, as bit hesitant in sending my passport in the mail to get this?

Thank you very much!!
    Nicola
  • Hi
    I'm going on package holiday to sharm el shek on 22nd April. Will I require a visa if I want to go on any trips organised by the tour operator during my stay. If I do need a visa how easy will it be for me to get one in egypt as I'm a little worried about sending my passport off with only two weeks to go.
    Thanks
    Jac
  • I believe you can get visas at the airport an arrival for $15. You will need a visa when entering the coutnry, regardless of whether you go on any excursions.
  • hi Antoinette
    I'm from Argentina ,I'll be in Egypt on first of May, can I get a visa in the airport, and should I book for the room in the hotel before arriving?
    Regards
  • Hi I'm from the caribbean (St. Lucia) and I thinking about visiting Cario this year the problem is I am not sure how to get a visa or if I can because of my nationality. Can someone please help?
  • I am arriving in Safaga by sea. Can I get a visa there?
    Speaker
  • Hi

I DO NOT APPEAR TO HAVE RECEIVED A RESPONSE FROM YOU FROM MY PREVIOUS MESSAGE OF A DAY AGO. AS MY VISIT IS IMMINENT I WOULD BE VERY GRATEFUL FOR YOUR RESPONSE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE REGARDING OBTAINING A VISA AT CAIRO AIRPORT AND NASSISTANCE WITH THE TRIP IN GENERAL.

i LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR URGENT REPLY

THANKS YOU

DIANE
  • Hi I am Going to Egypt Hurghada at the end of June, I hold a british passport and my boyfriend holds an Ecuadorian passport do we need a visa from the UK or can we get the visa on arrival????
  • Dear All
    the story of Tourist visa as follows:
    Cairo Airport USD 15 and can be bought directly from the bank
    Hurghada Airport USD 15 and can be bought directly from the bank
    Luxor or Aswan Airport USD 15 and can be bought directly from the bank

if you are planning to visit Sharm El Sheikh for vacation and lesiure you can enter without ant Visa, just inform that you want to obtain a Sinai only Entry.
    this visa enable you to stay in Sharm, Dahab, Taba and also enableyou to travel to Jurusalem or Petra and back without any cost
    but if you are planning to visit Cairo, Luxor you haave to buy Visa from the airport with USD 15

for more information about Visa, Transfers, Excursions ... etc at sharm el Sheikh
    please contact me
    askmeaboutsharm@yahoo.com
  • Hi
    I have Pakistan citizenship have Irish residence permit and working in Ireland. I have a friend has Belarusian citizenship have Czeck republic residence permit and working in Czeck republic. We both have plan to fly:
    Deperature:08:40, June 9, 2009 Prague Internatioal
    Arrival:15:10, June 9, 2009 Egypt -Cairo International.
    Deperature:18:45, June 9, 2009, Cairo, Egypt - Cairo International,
    terminal 3.
    Arrival:19:45, june 9, 2009, Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt - Sharm El Sheikh International, terminal 1
    =================================================================
    Deperature:11:55, June 18, 2009 Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt - Sharm El Sheikh International, terminal 1
    Arrival:12:55 Cairo, Egypt - Cairo International, terminal 1
    Deperature:16:05, june 18, Egypt - Cairo International
    Arrival:20:35, june 18, Prague - International
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    So, I could find direct flight to sharm el sheikh from Prague.
    I would like to know:
    IS it possible for both of us to fly from prague to cairo(as transit to Sharm El Shaikh) without perior of obtaining Egypt tourist.
    Would Egyptian immigration will grant us tourist visa on Cairo International Airport or either on sharm el Sheikh Airport.

My Email is: kmazher@gmail.com
  • hi,

i am from turkey and planning to visit to egypt...can i get the visa at the airport in cairo or do i need to apply for it in turkey?

thanksss
  • does that mean if you are staying in taba and going on a trip to petra------you don't need to pay for a visa at the airport-----just a stamp ??????
  • Hello,
    Please can any expert help me with details concerning transit visa. I'm Tanzanian Student planning to fly to DAR through CAIRO Airport in June for my legal field. Ofcourse I have the E-ticket already but I recently heard about possessing visa in CIA. I'll spend about 7 hrs in CIA before taking my connecting flight to DAR.

So is transit visa necessary for me and if Yes where can I get it and how much does it cost?

Thank you.
  • Hello,

I am an Indian nationality and am staying in Saudi Arabia on a Multiple Entry Visa. I need to visit Egypt to visit few people. Can you please advise if I can get a visa on arrival. If so, what will be the charges and requirement.

Thank you.
  • Hi my sister and i are travelling to sharm-el-sheik in July and want to see the pyramids and the nile. Is it best to book a tour before going online....or it is cheaper to buy it when we are there?

Thanks
  • Hi there will be a party of four arriving next week at Cairo airport ,two of us have uk/eu passports two have New Zealand passports ,is it us$ 15 each for visa for entry ,and is it better to purchase the visa directly or let a third party get it ?do you have to show passport when purchasing visa or do you get visa put into passports and proceed to immigration desk ?
  • can someone please help me
    me and my partner are going to sharm fr a week in march i know we can get visas at the airport when we arrive but i want to check if my parnter can
    he has a criminal record and we arenot sure if he will be allowed i have spent months looking for the answer as we dont want to turn up if he will not be issued one can someone please help me thankyou nicola
  • I will be arriving at Alexandria via cruise ship in August (28th & 29th) for two days with a departure from Port Said. Rather than take a shore excursion sponsored by Princess Cruises, my friends and I have decided to take a private overnight tour with Blue Nile Tours. Are we required to obtain Visas or is our U.S Passports and Ship ID card sufficient?

MartP
  • Hello!
    I'm going to Hurghada via Cairo and only have 1 hr in Cairo airport. Is it possible to get the visa in Hurghada or do I have to get it in Cairo? I'm afraid I don't have enough time to get it before my next plane leaves. I'm a Norwegian citizen.
    Thank you,

Maggie
  • Just got back from Egypt ,yes you buy your visa at airport,yes it is $15 US, yes you buy it yourself from a small office before proceeding to imigration control ,they stick it in passport not you ! then a surly imigration person passes it to a women immigration person seated behind him who does something to it passes it back to official who stamps it and gives it back to you ,without a smile I might add, then you proceed to an area to be photographed by people with with face masks on ! then your free to be pestered by taxi drivers ,remember no one does anything in Egypt for free everyone expects payment`,apart from that we enjoyed it immensely ,you will appreciate pottable water after Egypt , it is more expensive than petrol !!!
  • HELLO, CANADIAN TRAVELLING to Cairo next month arriving late in the evening. Will the visa office be open for Canadians in the evening?
    Also, does anyone know a tour operator that offers day tours out of Cairo for Pyramids, Nile, and Cairo?
    Thanks

email
    soddapopp@hotmail.com
  • Hi we arrived at 5am so I imagine it is open all hours,the max for a taxi ride into town is 10 euros ,no more, try Insight travel in Cairo for tours its walking distance from the Marriot hotel ,buy bottled water from gas stations ,not your hotel , save heaps.
  • I will be arrving Cairo on Nov. 3 for 2 weeks for liesure. I hold a Hong Kong SAR passport and also a British (Overseas) passport. I'm living in USA and am not a US citizen.
    Q1: Should I obtain the travel visa (USD$15?) at the Cairo airport upon arrival? Or is it better to obtain the travel visa in the US first, which I believe my passport should be mailed to Washington DC?
    Q2: To apply for the travel visa and traveling around Egypt, is it better to use my Hong Kong passport or the British (Overseas) passport ? Thanks much.
  • Hi,

I'm from India and planning to visit Cairo/Egypt for a week. Can someone tell me whether I need to take Prior Visa for Egypt or I can take Visa on Arrival in Cairo Airport?

Thanks in Advance.
  • Yes, Singh. you need to take a prior visa from the egyptian ambassy in your country before your arrival.
  • Dear Experts,

I have a 2am arrival and a 10am departure. I would love to go take in at least one of what Cairo has to offer.

I know about the $15usd visa, but from what I've read, it's difficult for me to understand the transportation situation.

Would my best bet to get a black and white taxi to say Giza in the wee hours of the morning, and able to sightsee (assuming I'm at Giza at 4am with an hour Customs clearance and another hour to get there by taxi). Also, how difficult is it to get a taxi from Giza back to the airport let's say at 6am to make sure I'm back in time for my next flight?

If not, what other suggestions are there? Thanks in advance!
  • Hi ,
    Me and my friend plan to go Egypt for 1 week holiday in december.
    May i know what kinf of visa we need for the following nationality:
    1)Malaysia
    2)China

Thanks
  • I am a Canadian travelling in Croatia. I am going to Egypt & Jordan in 1 week and have been informed that I can get 2 single entry visas instead of a multiple entry visa (as i am nowhere near a consulate to give my passport in) at the airport. Please say this is true! If not what can i do? The ferry from jordan-egypt does not provide visas.
  • Hi I am going to Egypt soon with some friends. We have Swiss and Italian passprots so I don't expect a problem with getting the visas.
    But my other friend is from Kyrgyzstan - do you think he can get a visa at the airport?
    Thanks a lot in advance!
  • We are travelling to Sharm el Sheikh on British passports do we need to obtain visas in advance or can we get these at the airport
  • What is the process for obtaining a passport as a U.S citizen at the Cairo airport? Are there long lines?
    How long does it take?
  • i would like to visit sharm al shaikh next month for one week for a vaction. presently i am working in Dubai as a indian citizen.can you guide me with visa procedures.wil i get on my arrival at sharm al shaikh.
  • Hi Flash,

You'll need a visa during your stay in Egypt and you can apply for this before you go in the UK (see www.egyptianconsulate.co.uk for details); however it is possible and much easier to arrange your visa on arrival in Egypt. It's actually cheaper to wait and get your visa in Egypt where it costs approximately £18 per person, instead of approximately £27 per person in the UK.

The visa is valid for a maximum of three months if obtained in the UK. If obtained on arrival in Egypt at the airport it lasts one month. Make sure you bring 2 passport photos for the visa application process if you wish to obtain your visa on arrival.

I hope that's useful. Have a fantastic trip!!

Suzanne
  • Hi All,
    I hope that you are keeping well, Entry visa to egypt is required for all nationalities, most of nationalities are granting visa at the airport, and their is others should obtain visa pre arrival, for example there is somebody advises malysian nationality that he can obtain visa at the airport, but this is wrong.

Citizens of the following countries are required to be in possession of a pre-arrival visa: Afghanistan, Algeria, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Chechnya, Croatia,Georgia, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Iran, Israel, Kazakhstan, Kirghizia, Lebanon, Macau, Macedonia, Malaysia, Moldavia, Montenegro, Morocco, Pakistan, Palestine, The Philippines,Russia, Serbia, Slovenia, Sri-Lanka, Tadzhikistan, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan and all African countries.

for More info. regarding Egypt please contact us allam@tourguidesegypt.com OR www.egypttravelers.com
  • Hi to all concerned,

I'm a Filipina and is planning to go to Cairo to meet my fiancee. Anyone please be kind to advise what requirements do I need to get to enter the country and the possibility of marrying my man there. He is an Egyptian national.

Wholehearted thanking you for your help,

Mary
  • you should get visa in advance from egyptin embassy in your country, and marraiage in Egypt is possible but need some procedures, but pls take care may be ur man not a serious
  • Egypt Traveler,

Thank you for your concern but how did you say that my man ain't serious? You can ym me @ quixielasher@yahoo.com.

Many thanks,

Mary
  • im a Philippians and i live in japan and i have Permanent residence to live in japan do i need visa before i go to egypt

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion