Where to hike in norway - norway walking holidays
  • Hello - I am a keen walker and am interested in going hiking in norway around the Fjords. Can anyone suggest good places/ routes / areas to hike, and also options on places to stay. Are there any tour operators who can organise such trips, or websites with details on where to go. I will probably be going with a group of 4. Best, Mat
  • Fjords.com has a lot of info on the fjords in Norway. I've heard that Bergen is more or less the gateway to the fjords and from there you can book a tour or a boat that will take you into the fjords so that you can start your hike.
    Have fun.
  • Hello,

We are a tour operator based in Sweden who operate in all Scandinavian coutries.

We can help you put together a program with train from Oslo to Bergen making some stops along the way in Fl
  • a little advise please! i am planning to drive my motorhome to north cape from bristol uk last week march first 2 or 3 weeks in april, will i have to cope with much snow?? will be traveling via denmark / oslo then north on e06
  • I traveled to the Lofoten last year. These are the islands located above the polar circle west of Norway. The islands are fairly easy to reach if you take a domestic plane from Oslo to Bodo. From Bodo there is a ferry going to Moskenen located on the Lofoten. I would recommend hiring a car and exploring the islands. The mountains are just stunning. A tip would be to use the website I also used for my some beautiful hiking trips http://www.hiking-lofoten.net. In summer you have the chance to experience the midnight sun. It can rain sometimes but when I was there we mostly had a lot of sun. 

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged