Cape Town weekend away
  • I'm trying to find a good place for a weekend getaway (for an anniversary) around Cape Town. Obviously it has to be within driving distance, as I don't think either of us will be able to take a day off, and someplace relaxing and not too pricey (neither of us is too picky about the number of stars) would be great. I'm fairly new to the city, but he's lived here for years. Any recommendations would be great:-)
  • Depends when you want to come I can offer you accommodation from 400 ZAR per night (max 2 persons) for appartement in safe upmarket area near the beach (500 m) , 10 minutes drive from the city! Bring your surfboards. Or are you alone?
    phone me on 076 500 5322
  • Anya, check out Rooi Els or Pringle Bay, two amazing little seaside towns on the Overberg coastline. Great beach, lots of lobster in the water!
  • Does anyone know where we can go for a family of 3 (2 adults, 1 baby) for a weekend away from the hussle and bussle of city life?

tx
  • Check out Budget Getaways for a great accommodation options in small towns around the cape. Obviously you have a lot of options - what sort of holiday are you looking for?
  • Thanks David - I am looking for something chilled - we need to get out a little, havent' been out in over 2 years. Something like out in paarl or fish hoek or even close to the beach somewhere, I don't know. But it must be very cost effective.
  • If you are a local, check out the Budget Getaways site - they are excellent. Lots of great places for really affordable prices.

For cost-effective why not go camping or stay in the huts at Algeria or Driehoek in the Cederberg.
  • Magic - thanks for the tip ;-)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion