Is a visa required to enter Manila, Philippines?
  • Im a British person living in Spain, will I require a visa to enter philippines? manila?
  • YES YOU WILL NEED A VISA TO ENTER THE PHILIPPINES

See the wordtravels.com Manila Travel Guide for more information on what to see and do in Manila.
  • My husband is a Turkish national whose been in the Phillippines for so many times, so I could confirm it to you that there is no visa required in the Phillippines. Though, they would require you to have a return ticket to show them that you would be leaving the country after the 21 days length of stay allow for foreigners. ?f you do intend to stay longer, you could contact the immigration for further instruction.
  • Visas are confusing for those, like myself, who are visiting the Philippines for the first time. In my particular case, I learned being born in the Philippines, despite immigrating when I was a year and half old to the United States and am now a U.S. Citizen, am NOT required to have a visa beyond the 21 day stay requirement. I can stay up to one full year as a "balik bayan" and need not apply for a visa. As I understand it, if it shows on your passport that you were born in the Philippines, and your passport comes from a country where the 21-day no visa required rule applies, then you don't need a visa if you plan to leave in less than a year.

Is there a way you can clarify or verify what I was told? I would appreciate it greatly.
  • Holding a indian passport need visa travel to manila??
  • HOLDING LEBANESE PASSPORT...DO I NEED VISA IF I VISITiNG MANILA (in 3weeks time?)
  • Hi,

You wont be needing a visa to enter the Philippines for the first 21 days. After 21 days you have to go to the immigration to extend ur stay... plus i think you just have to purchase a return ticked. ill let u know when i find out more.
    just a favor guys, my company TechSupport.Ph offers small and mid-sized businesses in the philippines we development, hosting, maintenance, cabling, IP -PBX solutions and many more... to interested parties pls call 718-4785 and visit www.techsupport.ph and www.1pesohosting.com,

thanks and enjoy ur visit to the phils.!
  • I am an Indian citizen and wants to visit Phillipins for 7-10 days. What are the requirement which i need to fulfill to get this opportunity.
  • HOW IGET VISA FOR philippines,?
  • I am an Indian citizen and wants to visit Phillipins for 7-10 days. What are the requirement which i need to fulfill to get this opportunity.
  • my husband is a sri lankan but it is his first time to enter philippines and he already permanet resident in canada,is he require to get a visa to enter in philippines?
  • Would imagine contacting the embassy of the philipines in the country in which you are residing in as well as your own country´s embassy. try cheking on line to save time.
  • My wife is a balikbyan and we will be returning from the U.S. to the Philippines soon. We can stay there on our balikbyan status for one year. Do we need to have a return ticket back to the U.S. after the one year?
  • Hello there, Mr. Donatello. Yes, you definitely need to acquire a Visa to enter the Philippines. Only its neighboring southeast asian countries will not require any visa. This can help you: [url=http://visasphilippines.com] Visas Philippines [/url]
  • Again for Mr. SUDHIR.. Yes, like Mr. Donatello, you will need to acquire a Visa to enter the Philippines. Only its neighboring southeast asian countries will not require any visa. Here's a great help for you: http://visasphilippines.com
  • Hello, Mr. NOnIE, so your a Lebanese? I think yes, you will be needing a Visa when you visit the Philippines, I hope I could help you by giving you an effective site: http://visasphilippines.com
  • Hey Ms. shan.. Almost overlooked your post. So your husband is a permanent resident of Canada? Hmm.. is he planning to stay in the Philippines now for good? I'm not sure how to deal with it, but just like the others' concerns, I hope this may help you: http://visasphilippines.com
  • I am a Canadian citizen passport valid for 3 months, do they issue visa upon arrival
    Please assist
  • I was born in Canada as where my parents, i have a valid Canadian Passport, do i require a Visitors Visa for a 14 day visit.
  • I am a am a Canadian Citizen as were my parents, i have a valid Passport for a year now. Do i need a Visitors or Tourist Visa to inter Manila Philippines for an approx 16 day visit.
  • Hello to everybody, i just call the Phils. embassy here in london, you dont need a visa when you want to visit Phils. in 21 days, all you need is a valid passport, and return ticket..thats it...
  • hi.
    i'm going to the philippines for the first time. i'm getting married & trying to figure out what kind of visa's i need to go over there & get married.
  • i am an india and need to visit manila to visit my daughter what docs i need and what time it will take from india for the process
  • Hi, we have a HKG national who's planning to come here to our MNL office for 4 weeks. Does he need a visa to enter the philippines? According to this site http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=16&Itemid=37, it is a YES. If he is just going to stay not longer than 21 days, he doesn't need one, but if he will push through with the 4 weeks stay here in MNL he needs one. Is my understanding correct?

Thanks in advance.

~Jeni~
  • im an indian ado i need visa to go to maila
  • I am a British citizen with a UK passport and have visited the Philippines many times over the past few years.

No visa is required. On arrival at the airport in Manilla your passport will be stamped for an initial period of 21 days, this may be extended up to 59 days at an immigration office on payment of a fee of about 2,000 peso. This 59 days may then be extended in 59 day increments up to a maximum of one year.

An onward ticket is a MUST on arrival at Manila airport, however it is not necessary for it to be within the initial 21 days, and your passport MUST have six months validity remaining.

It is difficult to find clear official guidance about this on the Internet, the Philippine Embassy website just tries to sell you a Visa.

The UK Foreign and Commomwealth office http://www.fco.gov.uk/ states the following:

"British nationals may enter the Philippines without a visa for an initial period of 21 days, while a tourist visa from the nearest Philippine Embassy will allow an initial 59 day stay. These periods may be extended, before they expire and for a fee, at the offices of the Bureau of Immigration".
  • hello im nigrian passport i need to married my girlfriend we have son already what i need to amrried im here in malaysia i have 3 mth visa here what i will go to go philippines i want to get visa here in malaysia pls guide us i miss my son and girlfriend. pls email me princegab20@yahoo.com thank u
  • Hello. My situation is that I entered the Philippines July 2010 and was married to my sweetheart of 10 yrs. I am now back in Canada (citizen) and wanting to go back to see her for at least 10 weeks. What is the best method of entry for me. Should I keep extending my stay by 59 days until I leave or is there a visa that I should be applying for? I have been sick since my return to Canada. In the future I want to be able to live in the Philippines or Canada depending on where my wife wants to be.

Thank you in advance for your information.

LGS
  • Hi, My husband, daughter & I are naturalized Australian citizens from the philippines for 2+ decades now. My 2nd child was born in Australia 18 yrs. ago, making him an Australian citizen by birth. In the past, we've visited Manila twice for christmas vacations for 24-28 days duration without requiring any visas, our Australian passports were just stamped "balikbayan". Now, we want to visit Manila again this year for over 21 days, 25 days to be exact. Are we required to get visa to stay for 25 days fr the Phil. Embassy here in Melbourne or Sydney, Australia? Or our Aust. passports be stamped with "balikbayan" again & will not be requiring any visas to stay for 25 days? Pls help. Many thanks!
  • hi my boyfriend a indian national, who work in saudi arabia want to visit here in philippine for 7days. do he need to get visa in phil embassy in saudia?
    i read that phil goverment has agree that indians can get visa in arrival in immigration. pls help me
  • hello :) i'm lorady. I'm a Filipina. 19 years of age. i have a fiance in canada and he wants me to come there for a week visit. One of my friends told me that there is a possibility that i can enter Canada without a visa, if I will take an alternative route where the transit country was exempted for canadian visa. how true is that? and if ever i;m gonna get a visa, what do i need? what if i apply for a Tourist Visa, how long will it take for me to get it? How long will i need to wait to fly to Canada? thank you.
  • hi i'm Aileen my boyfriend is Turkish from turkey he wants to visit me here in the Philippines. Does he need a visa going to Philippines? just to see me for 2 weeks. I told my boyfriend Turkish that he don't need visa application just to visit me here in manila because once he arrived here he will be given Visa Upon Arrival for 21 days.. Is this true please give me advice!!!!! My boyfriend Turkish wants to come here by September this year....
  • please send me e-mail pen_aileen@yahoo.com about my inquiry so my boyfriend Turkish can visit me here in manila by September
  • Hi, I am Ann! My husband is a Lebanese is he can get a Balikbayan Visa also in the Philippines
  • I really want somebody can help me to this problem.'Cause all the time he struggle to get visit visa to stay with us.I hope that someone can help me about this.
  • hello im from morocco did i need a visa to enter to phillipine my E-mail is in-kheart@hotmail.fr

thanks to much for who answer me
  • Holding a indian passport need visa travel to manila??
  • Hi i am from Indian. I am working in Malaysia with EP visa. I want to meet my friend at manila city, Philippines. Should i apply visa to go Philippines for 5 days. I want go and stay there maximum 5 days. Please advice me.

thanks
    Smith
  • hi iam an indian and iam holding indian pasport iam working in qatar i wish to vist philippines via india for 1 month so what is the procedure i need to do
  • You'll need a Visa but they rarely check
  • UK passport holders do not need visa to enter Philippines. You'l get 21 day visa at airport.

If you need 1 year visa, go here: http://angeles-city-balibago.blogspot.com/
  • A. Nationals from 150 countries are allowed to enter the Philippines without visas for a stay not exceeding twenty-one (21) days, provided they hold valid tickets for their return journey to port of origin or next port of destination. Department regulations require that passports are valid for a period of not less than six (6) months beyond the contemplated period of stay. However, Immigration Officers at ports of entry may exercise their discretion to admit holders of passports valid for at least sixty (60) days beyond the intended period of stay.
  • Source: http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=16&Itemid=37
    Visa Required Nationals based on Foreign Service Circular No. 22-10 dated 22 February 2010:
    1. Afghanistan¹
    13. Yemen*
    25. Uzbekistan
    37. Montenegro
    2. Algeria*
    14. East Timor²
    26. Albania
    38. Serbia
    3. Egypt*
    15. DPRK³
    27. Armenia
    39. Sierra Leone
    4. Iran
    16. Nigeria*
    28. Belarus
    40. Tonga
    5. Iraq*
    17. Sri Lanka*
    29. Belize
    41. Ukraine
    6. Jordan*
    18. India*º
    30. Bosnia-Herzegovina
    42. China, PROC**
    7. Lebanon*
    19. Azerbaijan
    31. Croatia
    43. Taiwan
    8. Libya*
    20. Bangladesh
    32. Cuba
    44. Hong Kong DI Holders
    9. Pakistan*
    21. Kazakhstan
    33. FYROM
    45. Hong Kong CI Holders
    10. Palestine*
    22. Kyrgyzstan
    34. Georgia
    46. Malaysian CI Holders
    11. Sudan*
    23. Tajikistan
    35. Nauru
    47. Brunei CI Holders
    12. Syria*
    24.Turkmenistan
    36. Moldova
    48. Stateless Personsª
  • Hello
    I am an american citizen and I need to know if I can apply for and pay for an extention of a 21 day stay while Im in the philippines. I have a rt ticket and valid passport. Alao what are the requirement forms I need to file if I were to get married there in the philippines and how would I be able to bring my wife back to the United States with me when I return after an aproximate stay of 45 days ,,thank-you john in SACRAMENTO CA.
  • Hi just need help regarding some issues... I was born in Philippines and came here in UK when I was 17 yrs old to be with my parents, now I am a British citizen without dual citizenship because I haven't applied yet.. Is it possible for me to stay in Philippines for a 2 month vacation this summer without a visa because of the fact that I was born there? Or I still need to apply a visa for the 2 month stay? Kindly advise please... Cheers!
  • slasher u dont need visa :)

and for you john file a petition for your wife thats K3 visa
    when u get back to CA file a petition dowload application from from USCIS website then send to the mailing adress and wait for the next this u need to do :) hope that helps
    oh dont forget to bring your NSO marriage cert download form from USCIS so ur wife can fill up and have it with u when u get back to USA so she doesnt need to send it to you and her NBI clearance id size for visa if u want visit www.visajourney.com all answers are there :)
  • Hi!
    I'm a filipina, my bf is working in egypt but he is a turkish citizen. He's planning to come in philippines just to marry me. What he need to come in philippines? and what he needs to bring also or requirements so that we can marry here as soon as possible? I hope somebody can help me. Pls. email me lhen_linggitan@yahoo.com.
    Thanks and waiting for possible reply.
  • Hi!
    I'm a filipina, my bf is working in egypt but he is a turkish citizen. He's planning to come in philippines just to marry me. What he need to come in philippines? and what he needs to bring also or requirements so that we can marry here as soon as possible? I hope somebody can help me. Pls. email me lhen_linggitan@yahoo.com.
    Thanks and waiting for possible reply.
  • Hi everyone I've came across reading all your posts here and found out there are most of your queries were unanswered or unattended.
    In this regard. I would like to inform everyone that the company I'm involved with, Is offering a service concerning visa application, immigration and any legal services.
    you may email me at bobchris_18@yahoo.com or call me at +632-6598967 / 1-877-252-8831 for further inquiries
    Many Thanks
  • Nationals from countries listed below who are traveling to the Philippines for business and tourism purposes are allowed to enter the Philippines without visas for a stay not exceeding twenty-one (21) days, provided they hold valid tickets for their return journey to port of origin or next port of destination and their passports valid for a period of at least six (6) months beyond the contemplated period of stay. However, Immigration Officers at ports of entry may exercise their discretion to admit holders of passports valid for at least sixty (60) days beyond the intended period of stay.

Nationals from the following countries are allowed to enter the Philippines without a visa for a period of stay of twenty-one (21) days or less:

Andorra
    Angola
    Antigua and Barbuda
    Argentina
    Australia
    Austria
    Bahamas
    Bahrain
    Barbados
    Belgium
    Benin
    Bhutan
    Bolivia
    Botswana
    Brazil*
    Brunei Darussalam
    Bulgaria
    Burkina Faso
    Burundi
    Cambodia
    Cameroon
    Canada
    Cape Verde
    Central African Republic
    Chad
    Chile
    Colombia
    Comoros
    Congo
    Costa Rica
    Cote d’Ivoire
    Cyprus
    Czech Republic
    Democratic Republic of the Congo
    Denmark
    Djibouti
    Dominica
    Dominican Republic
    Ecuador
    El Salvador
    Equatorial Guinea
    Eritrea
    Estonia
    Ethiopia
    Fiji
    Finland
    France
    Gabon
    Gambia
    Germany
    Ghana
    Gibraltar
    Greece
    Grenada
    Guatemala
    Guinea
    Guinea Bissau
    Guyana
    Haiti
    Honduras
    Hungary
    Iceland
    Indonesia
    Ireland
    Israel*
    Italy
    Jamaica
    Japan
    Kenya
    Kiribati
    Kuwait
    Lao People’s Democratic Republic
    Latvia
    Lesotho
    Liberia
    Liechtenstein
    Lithuania
    Luxembourg
    Madagascar
    Malawi
    Malaysia
    Maldives
    Mali
    Malta
    Marshall Islands
    Mauritania
    Mauritius
    Mexico
    Micronesia
    Monaco
    Mongolia
    Morocco
    Mozambique
    Myanmar
    Namibia
    Nepal
    Netherlands
    New Zealand
    Nicaragua
    Niger
    Norway
    Oman
    Palau
    Panama
    Papua New Guinea
    Paraguay
    Peru
    Poland
    Portugal
    Qatar
    Republic of Korea
    Romania
    Russia
    Rwanda
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    Saint Lucia
    Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
    Samoa
    San Marino
    Sao Tome and Principe
    Saudi Arabia
    Senegal
    Seychelles
    Singapore
    Slovakia
    Slovenia
    Solomon Islands
    Somalia
    South Africa
    Spain
    Suriname
    Swaziland
    Sweden
    Switzerland
    Thailand
    Togo
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Tunisia
    Turkey
    Tuvalu
    Uganda
    United Arab Emirates
    United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    United Republic of Tanzania
    United States of America
    Uruguay
    Venezuela
    Vietnam
    Zambia
    Zimbabwe

*The following are allowed to enter the Philippines without a visa for a stay not exceeding fifty-nine (59) days:

1. Holders of Brazil passports; and

2. Holders of Israel passports

The following are allowed to enter the Philippines without a visa for a stay not exceeding seven (7) days:

3. Holders of Hong Kong Special Administrative (SAR) passports

4. Holders of British National Overseas (BNO) passports

5. Holders of Portuguese Passports issued in Macao

6. Holders of Macao Special Administrative Region (SAR) passports

Important Note:

Nationals who are subjects of deportation/blacklist orders of the Department and the Bureau of Immigration shall not be admitted to the Philippines. Further inquiries may be addressed to the Visa Division (Telephone numbers:556-0000 and ask the operator to connect you to Visa Division), Department of Foreign Affairs, 2330 Roxas Boulevard, Pasay City or to any Philippine Embassy or Consulate abroad.

Source : http://dfa.gov.ph/main/index.php/consular-services/visa

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged