St Kitts or Barbados?
  • Which Caribbean Island is better to visit, Barbados or St. Kitts and Nevis? I am planning to go to either Barbados or St. Kitts and Nevis in November. Which Island is better for seeing monkeys? I am not much of a party person but love wild life, photography,shopping, and sight seeing. Thank you for any information you can give me on either of these Islands.
  • Barbados has all the monkies and more - far more to do, beach, nightlife, reastaurants, submarines, pirateships sailing. check http://barbados.org
  • You should check out our Attractions Guide for Barbados on Word Travels as well, there's a lot to do there!
  • St. Kitts-Nevis is a twin island paradise. The scenery is breathtaking. Monkeys are in abundance and you can get beautiful close up pictures of them at any historical site. The monkeys common to St. Kitts-Nevis are the Green Vervet Monkey. If you are interested in nature, take one or many of the islands' rainforest tours, either by hiking, 4x4s, ATVs, Horseback, or ziplining through treetops. Visit the Hot-bath springs in Nevis for their theraputic value or their lush and beautiful botanical gardens. The food is to die for and if you are interested in affordable and enjoyable nightlife hit up The Frigate Bay "Strip" of beach bars and clubs with a wide variety of drinks, music, food and people.
    For more info visit http://www.discover-stkitts-nevis-beaches.com/st-kitts-quad-bike-tour.html
    or
    http://www.stkittstourism.kn/
  • The island's most popular attraction is the St. Kitts Scenic Railway (tel. 869/465-7263; www.stkittsscenicrailway.com). In double-decker and air-conditioned railcars, you're taken on a panoramic tour of the most spectacular scenery the island has to offer. The upper level features a spacious, open-air observation deck. The narrow-gauge railway follows the old sugar-cane train tracks, taking in the best vistas of mountains and the Caribbean Sea. You can enjoy a service bar and live musical entertainment. The train is boarded at Needsmust Station. This is certainly the quickest and easiest way to see St. Kitts in a nutshell, especially if you're a cruise ship passenger with limited time. The 50km (31-mile) ride costs $89 for adults, half-price for children. Trips last 3 1/2 hours, with departure daily at 8:10am. Sometimes a second daily tour will be announced if business merits it.
  • I highly recommend St. Kitts. Breathtaking views, friendly locals, variety of accommodations and activities you can enjoy.

Visit www.lizpereirastourstore.shutterfly.com

The train is nice if you have mobility problems or have been to St. Kitts before. If it's your first time I recommend an island tour with a knowledgeable guide. You will see historical Basseterre, Romney Manor/Caribelle Batik and Brimstone Hill fortress which is a must see!
  • St.Kitts and Nevis is a beautiful island, but Barbados is even nicer. Barbados has lots of beautiful scenery.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion