Climate in South Korea Mid March
  • Hi all
    Plan to travel to South Korea in Mid March, need to know the weather/climate (max and min degree) and what kind of clothings to prepare.

Many thanks!
    Karen
  • Karen - the weather in South Korea over march is around 5 degrees C. It's meant to be the beginning of spring, but still a bit chilly. Dress warmish, bring fleece jackets, maybe some gloves and a beanie.
  • Karen:

Layering is the best thing for traveling in March to South Korea. Be sure to bring your rain gear as well.

Happy travels.
  • hi there...
    i'm from malaysia...plan to make a trip to seoul around end of april 2009....
    need some assistance and advice on the weather/climate there..
    thanking you in advance..

best regards
  • I will be in Seoul mid-April. What will the weather be like??? Humidity??? Rainfall????
  • Well,to Honey...wish both of us good luck!!!
    Aye do make some reading about Seoul climate....for sure its not humid in mid-April....
    Jacket and warm clothing do required....
    Neway, Honey....don't mind my asking....where you're from...?
  • Hi, I am from Malaysia Sabah (land below the wind), I am traveling to Seoul 09/05/09 to 17/05/09, need to know how's the weather in May and if warm clothing require? I am traveling to Jeju island as well, any tips what to bring or wear?
  • I am from Sabah of Malaysia, I will go travel to Seoul and other nearby town from 31/5/2009 to 08/6/2009, I wish to know how is the climate at this time ? I read some info from the internet that the average is 22 degree consider as warm weather ??
  • Hi, am from Singapore. I will be travelling to seoul from 18 to 21 Jun'09 and wonder what will be the weather be. Will it be very hot? Wat will be the temperature like now?
  • Hi, will be travelling to South Korea late August. What will the weateher be like?
  • Hi! I'd like to know what's the weather like in Seoul on Sept 09? i'll be there with a friend this coming Sept
  • Hi,

Plan to travel to Jeju/Soeul in mid-March.
    Does the warmish, bring fleece jackets, maybe some gloves and a beanie and rain coat goes for Jeju too?

Thanks
    Theresa
  • i am travellin to south korea late march ,... wat is the weather like
  • hi, i am travelling to south korea in the middle of april, need some assistance and advice on the weather/climate there.. and clothes too
  • hi, im from manila, phils. and i need your thoughts...my family and i will be going to seoul, korea mid of may. just want to know what kind of clothes to bring? i have 3 and 4 year old daughters. thanks in advance.
  • South Korea is located in the southern half of the Korean Peninsula. Its position on the world map makes it a part of the East Asian monsoonal region. South Korea climate is temperate. The south easterly wind blows during summer while the predominant wind in winters is the northwesterly.
    The South Korea climate during winters is long, cold and dry. January is the coldest month of the year. Seoul's average temperature during the winters is between 5 degrees below zero and 2.3 degrees below zero. The climate of South Korea ranges from -5 degrees centigrade to 5 degrees centigrade during this time of the year. But Jeju, the largest island of South Korea, has an average temperature around 2.5 degrees in January. The reason for this bitter cold is mainly the cold Siberian air. The temperature in Seoul is some what closer to that of New York which 500 kilometers to the north of the latitude of Seoul.

The South Korea climate during the short summer is hot and humid. The average temperature in August ranges from 20 degrees centigrade to 26 degrees centigrade. This is hottest time of the South Korea climate. The average temperature of Jeju in July is around 25 degrees centigrade.

According to the climate of South Korea the rainy season is for a month. It is usually from late June to late July. The south is the first to receive the monsoon which then slowly travels north. There is some rainfall during the retreating of the monsoon in September. Most part of the country receives more than 100 centimeters of rainfall. The southern coastal region receives maximum rainfall. From June to September there are two to three typhoons that hit the Korean peninsula.

Humidity is between 80% and 90% during July, and between 30% and 50% from January to April. Two of the most pleasant season of the South Korean climate is spring and autumn.
  • Hi I will be traveling to South Korea in mid of September 2010. what is the weather/climate (max and min degree) and what kind of clothings to prepare. thanks
  • Since you're on the word Travel forum, check out the Word Travels South Korea climate page, and the Seoul weather chart. Should give you all the answers you need.
  • Hi... I am from the philippines and I plan to go to korea on the end of february... what will the weather be like? and what am i going to wear for this climate? and will there still be snow? thanks
  • Hi! My family were going to Seoul Korea on April 5 to April 20..what is the weather or climate there? Can you help me what clothings do i need to bring? thanks.
  • i will be in seoul from 31may to 4june 2011. Pls advise on suitable clothing during this period
  • I will be in seoul korea in march 26 untill march 30 2011 please advise the whether in seoul and suitable clothing during this period... Thanks...
  • Sorry team, I'm travel in 2012 not 2011
  • Er..Hi! I will be going to South Korea,Seoul on around 15 June-22 June 2012,may I know what'll be the temperature there at that time?
  • Hi, I'm from Los Angeles. I'm going to South Korea May 1, 2012 for 1-1/2 weeks. Will a light jacket be enough and spring clothing what I'm used to? Thanks you.
  • I will be in Seoul mid-April. What will the weather be like??? Humidity??? Rainfall????
  • Hi there...

I will be going to Seoul Korea in early February..i know it's still winter..just wondering will there still be snow?
  • check out the Word Travels South Korea climate page, and the Seoul weather chart. Should give you all the answers you need.
  • Hi I will be traveling to Busan going Seoul this coming March 21 till end of the month.

May I know the weather condition and what kind of clothings to prepare.

Maraming Salamat!
  • I'll be visiting Seoul and Cheju this mid april. What will the temperatures be like? I'm from Malaysia. Thanks!
  • Hi Kon Yin, I'd suggest you check out the links DavidF has posted above, there's really good information there on the climate and weather in Korea.
  • Hi.......I'm going to Seoul this May 2012...What clothes should i bring or wear?Is it still cold? Thank you for the information.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged