Hungarian National living in UK - EU travel advice
  • Hi all.

    My girlfriend is an Hungarian citizen living here in the UK (been here 3 years now) - she currently holds a full Hungarian Passport which expires 6th June 2011, and a Hungarian Identity card (expiry 2012). We are going on holiday to Ibiza for one week on May 14th ... so some questions :

    Can she travel to Ibiza with just 2/3 weeks left on her passport ?
    If not, can she travel to Ibiza from the UK just using her Hungarian Identity card ? (she is convinced she can, but I have a funny feeling she won't be able to)

    The new Hungarian passports contain new fingerprint technology which she can only get back over in Budapest - she can apply for a 1 year temporary passport which she can get from the Hungarian Embassy which we think takes a few weeks.

    I'd really appreciate any help and advice on this. Thank you very much in advance.
  • Ibiza is part of Spain, and Spain is in the EU. Double check with someone else too, but I'd say she won't have problems - I've used such an ID card when visiting Cyprus without issues.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion