Bus or train travels from Krakow, Poland
  • i am planning to spend some time in Krakow and Zakopane. I will be visiting Tyniec, Czestochowa for Black Madonna, Salt Mines, Aushwitz, Sister Faustina all these from Krakow. What is the best to use the train , Bus or tram? If tram what number? Also from Krakow to Zakopane what is the best means of transport?
    In Zakopane, we are staying for 3 days, we intend to visit the nearby mountains. Any idea of best use of public means of transport to see the neibourhood and go up to mountai tops, please?
  • antonc,
    You didn't give any info about the length of your staying in Cracow. If you are not in a hurry, you can take public transport (trains or buses)and arrange your trips by yourself.
    You can reach each every of the mentioned places by bus, but to Zakopane and Czestochowa you can also travel by train.If it turned out too difficult, ot timetaking for you, I can advise obtaining some info at www.cracowforyou.pl
    They arrange guided trips by coach.
    Have a nice staying in Poland.
    Barbara
    ps. by cable cars to see the mountain top of Gubalowka and Kasprowy Wierch (Zakopane)
  • We will be in Poland from 12th July to 21st. We have accommodation in Krakow for 12, 13, 14. We thought of visiting Wroclaw, Poznan, Gdansk, Warsaw. Do you think each of these cities is worth visiting? Would you suggest train travel to each city. Should we stay in one city and travel daily or do you suggest overnighting in each city. We enjoy personalised guesthouses and B&B's. Should we book in advance or would we find accommodation easily at this time of year? We welcome any advice! Vicky

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion