information on greece
  • Is Crete in Greece? Is cyprus in Greece? Or are they separate countries? Greek islands sound like fun, and I'll be sailing from Turkey to Greece (among other places) over the summer. What is the best greek island to visit, and what are the average docking fees?

I'll also be taking some time ashore to see the country, can you see Athens in a day? If not, can you find an apartment or house in athens? I hate hotels. How does the weather in Athens compare to the islands in Greece? what is greek weather like in general? In such a short period as only a few days, what Athens attractions should I make sure to avoid if I don't want to spend my entire holiday standing in queues?

In all reality, do I need to learn Greek for greece? or can you still go to greece if you just speak english? I have about 10 days to spend here, besides Athen where should I go?
  • I would suggest you go to Kos..straight across the water from Bodrum about 1 hr by ferry..there is plenty to see in Kos town where you get off the ferry but there is also Kefalos which has a small harbour, I should imagine that the fees will be lower there than Kos town.
    it is a beautiful and laid back resort why not come and have a look at the forum that I own...we have people that have been to many Greek islands..
  • Hi - we have a very good forum page here which will be of interest: which is the best of the greek islands.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion