George Moretti Nigerian Scammer
  • I would like to let you all know the name of a new nigerian scammer. His chosen name currently is George Moretti and he says he works for Continental Gemstones Ltd which is a very well constructed website but a fake none the less. He made all the amazing promises such as travelling to Italy with him and also to visit his "hometown" in America.

HERE IS HIS ORIGINAL EMAIL TO ME, HE CONTACTED ME ON THE DATING SITE PLENTYOFFISH.COM

Hello Jan,

Thank you for your kind and sincere reply I like what you have said about yourself and here is some about me as well..........I was born in Milan Italy on the 2nd day of December 1959, to an Italian dad and an American Mom. .....I grew up in Europe and studied Geology from the University of Liverpool England.....I later moved to the States with my parents before i lost them, On the 10th of June 2004, i lost my wife to cancer. We had a son from our marriage and he is now 19 and in college .... I am into mining, processing and sales of gem stones.I love to play soccer and table tennis and when i was younger i wanted to play soccer professionally but was scared of injuries as i had one playing soccer when i was 9...I still play tennis and soccer but for fun and not professionally lol.....

And in case you missed out from my profile, i will rewrite it here so you have an idea whom you are talking to lol......I like going to the movies, wine tasting, staying in of course and watching a great movie. I am friendly, have a good sense of humor, trustworthy, loyal, and an extremely passionate man. I love late night talks and massages. Waking up in the middle of the night during a thunderstorm and knowing you can hug someone is very comforting. I love the rain, cooking, History, reading, writing (haven't gotten that book deal yet, lol) and horror movies. I like nice dinners with great company but would really enjoy having an intimate candle lit dinner for two at home. Cuddling in front of the fireplace. If someone were to ask me what's the number one most important factor in ANY relationship......I would have to say "Honesty".
    If I ask someone a question I am asking for a reason. In other words I don't just talk to talk. I can listen to someone talk all day long if the conversation is enlightening or informative. I don't like to be the center of attention. When people first meet me I am very quiet and introverted. Once I know you, I'll open up and consider you family. Therefore, I choose my acquaintances very carefully. I don't like selfish people. I believe in being Christ like. No I am not a holy roller. But I treat people like I want to be treated. Rudeness and impoliteness is just unnecessary. It isn't hard to smile, and be nice. I love laughing and being with people who have a sense of humor. We all get a little caught up in physical attraction we lose out on the most important feature of a person......The mind and heart....Having read my profile again i now have these questions for you....

Have you found your lover? If you are still searching, I would like to communicate and learn more about you, what motivates you? What makes your heart leap with passion? Love? Joy? I find your intelligence and beauty very exciting.....Now this is what i am seeking..... I'm looking for a woman who wants to take the time to get to know me through an open communication and an open sharing of the head and the heart first and then negotiating a meeting in person if we both remain interested. I am ready willing and able to venture forth on a journey that will leave the past behind while preserving the best memories and forgiving the ones that were hurtful and usually unintentional. I live life one day, one hour, one moment at a time. I want and need the healing power of love physically emotionally and spiritually. I live as if time were on fire and I believe that every day of the right relationship should be treated like the first day of our honeymoon. I want to share what I have with one special woman who will appreciate that I have a deep capacity to love that needs to be filled and fulfilled. We can't keep it unless we give it away ...well concerning sexuality; I am not a promiscuous man. My desire is to be sexually faithful to the woman I am with. If two people love each other and will communicate what they like and do not like about their partner's sexual behavior, I believe many problems can be resolved......I hope that i have not bored you with my long but rather has given you a better insight into the person that I am.........If you like what you have read and have any questions or comments, i will be waiting to get a reply from you as soon as possible but till then, stay blessed and have a wonderful day.

George.
  • Now he is appearing with the nickname MrBal at datingsites. Beware!!
  • People please, i know love is a very sensitive feeling but at the same time its good to be very observant. I am a Nigerian living in Lagos, and I am proud to be a Nigerian. My country has a population of about 150 million people so you can expect to have an handful of bad eggs in that, but that doesn't mean that we are all bad people.
    Falling into a ditch might be allowed but falling into it with both eyes closed is totally out of this world, i am not blaming anybody for falling in love and for being so caring but please be guided in what ever action you are taking.
    The bottom line is DO NOT SEND ANY BODY MONEY FOR ANYTHING, NO MATTER HOW TOUCHING THE STORY MIGHT BE.
    If you are into a relationship of that sort presently, demand for video evidence of the person's existence and of any sad story he might bring up. No body can love you as you would love yourself, so always look out for your best interest first, DO NOT ALLOW YOURSELF TO BE SCAMMED.

i can not really say enough.
  • Yep same exact verbiage thru Cupid. Buyer beware
  • This George Moretti is a con artist, and not even a good con artist. He appears to know what to say to women to gain their interest, but do not be fooled. George Moretti of Continental Gemstone Ltd, is a fake, a fraud and no matter what he says, sooner or later he will be asking y ou for money. Ladies, beware.
  • Please be aware that this same person..... is now george carlo archille....i got a mail from him also the same email, just a change here and there to some of the detail......also a dating site....but i just wanted to make sure...he was just to good to be true.... i got exactly the same email....i searched the so called company he worked for..... "radiant stone ltd". i checked the names....there was a carlo archille but no george. i then decided to compare the two.... and it the same setup ....just different nanes. i decided to search the name george moretti because he is using george in his communication.....BE AWARE
  • Below the email that was sent to me by GEORGE CARLO ARCHILLE.... RADIANT STONE LTD (FAKE SITE)....... CONTINENTAL GEMSTONE LTD - Check layout...the same...numbers do not "function".... BE AWARE.

Hello C,
    I am very happy we can communicate here and get to know each other, It might interested you to know that i do not live in South Africa at the moment but i am planning a trip down there soon as i could not help coming back and looking for someone in South Africa after my experience when i was there for the FIFA soccer world cup last year. I love the place and the people with their high level of hospitality hence i said to myself, i would marry someone from South Africa someday, this is the reason i joined the dating site as it would afford me the opportunity to meet someone, get to know them and meet someday soon. Well i guess i would just go ahead now and tell you more about myself...I was born in Cape Town South Africa on the 2nd day of December 1961, to an Italian dad and a South African Mom. .....I grew up in Europe and studied Geology from the University of Liverpool England.....I later moved to the States with my parents before i lost them. My dad was in an Engineer in the oil filed while my mom was a full time house wife. On the 10th of June 2004, i lost my wife to cancer. We had a son from our marriage and he is now 19 and in the university.... I am into research, mining, processing and sales of gem stones. I love to play soccer and table tennis and when i was younger i wanted to play soccer professionally but was scared of injuries as i got injured playing soccer when i was 9...I still play tennis and soccer but for fun and not professionally lol.....

I like going to the movies, wine tasting, staying in of course and watching a great movie. I am friendly, have a good sense of humor, trustworthy, loyal, and an extremely passionate man. I love late night talks and massages. Waking up in the middle of the night during a thunderstorm and knowing you can hug someone is very comforting. I love the rain, cooking, History, reading, writing (haven't gotten that book deal yet, lol) and horror movies. I like nice dinners with great company but would really enjoy having an intimate candle lit dinner for two at home. Cuddling in front of the fireplace. If someone were to ask me what's the number one most important factor in ANY relationship......I would have to say "Honesty".
    If I ask someone a question I am asking for a reason. In other words I don't just talk to talk. I can listen to someone talk all day long if the conversation is enlightening or informative. I don't like to be the center of attention. When people first meet me I am very quiet and introverted. Once I know you, I'll open up and consider you family. Therefore, I choose my acquaintances very carefully. I don't like selfish people. I believe in being kind. No I am not a holy roller. But I treat people like I want to be treated. Rudeness and impoliteness is just unnecessary. It isn't hard to smile, and be nice. I love laughing and being with people who have a sense of humor. We all get a little caught up in physical attraction we lose out on the most important feature of a person......The mind and heart....Having read my profile again i now have these questions for you....

Have you found your lover? If you are still searching, I would like to communicate and learn more about you, what motivates you? What makes your heart leap with passion? Love? Joy? I find your intelligence and beauty very exciting.....Now this is what i am seeking..... I'm looking for a woman who wants to take the time to get to know me through an open communication and an open sharing of the head and the heart first and then negotiating a meeting in person if we both remain interested. I am ready willing and able to venture forth on a journey that will leave the past behind while preserving the best memories and forgiving the ones that were hurtful and usually unintentional. I live life one day, one hour, one moment at a time. I want and need the healing power of love physically emotionally and spiritually. I live as if time were on fire and I believe that every day of the right relationship should be treated like the first day of our honeymoon. I want to share what I have with one special woman who will appreciate that I have a deep capacity to love that needs to be filled and fulfilled. We can't keep it unless we give it away ...well concerning sexuality; I am not a promiscuous man. My desire is to be sexually faithful to the woman I am with. If two people love each other and will communicate what they like and do not like about their partner's sexual behavior, I believe many problems can be resolved......I hope that i have not bored you with my long but rather has given you a better insight into the person that I am.........If you like what you have read and have any questions or comments, i will be waiting to get a reply from you as soon as possible but till then, stay blessed and have a wonderful day.

George.
  • Hi everyone,

Here's a link to our guide on how to spot Online Scams and how to avoid them.
  • Does anyone have a photo of this man? Ava
  • Wow, I also got an email from this guy on jazzed.com. I spoke to him on the phone and had many yahoo chats. He told me he was in gems and was going on a dig. His website is really badly done. At one point he was talking to me on the phone while he said he found out his crew was kidnapped when he was in some country in Africa. He has a hotmail address. I have a photo of him, or should I say, a photo that he is using. The photo shows a pretty good looking guy. The weird thing was that he said he came over from Italy pretty early on, but when I spoke to him on the phone he had a very very heavy accent. Soon he faded away and I didn't hear from him. I knew he wasn't for real, because as someone else said, he sounded too good to be true - said everything you would want to hear.
  • This guy is now on Facebook, his name is Moore George. The story is a bit different, he is now mining in Greece and he has a 10 year old daughter (Georgia) who lives with his aunt (Rose Beni) in England.
  • This is what he sent me.....

first,i must say thank you so much for your timely and sweet message....you are really very intelligent and hell beautiful in your photos..anyways,my name is Moore and i am almost 49yrs old,i was born and raised in the states but had my education in London England..i am into mining,processing and sales of Gemstones,i am widowed and has been single for many years now,my both parents are late as well as my late wife that i lost a few years ago in a very fatal and ghastly automobile wreck..i have a very wide experience of travelling due to the nature of my job and it has also given me the ample opportunity to meet with eminent personalities across the globe....my interests are dancing,cooking,movies,reading,listening to music(all kinds),romance,kissing,cuddling and wine tasting....i am a lone child from a nuclear family that comprises of my Dad,Mom and i only,i never do drugs of any type,nor smoke but i do drink socially..now,can you tell me a little more about you? but if you wouldn't mind to chat with me via my messenger,then you could add me up asap so we can chat and get to ask and answer each other's questions back and forth..... my yahoo IM is georgemoore196410@yahoo.com and my msn IM is georgemoore196410@live.com you can also send me a friend's request here on facebook so we can chat... i will wait and hope to hear from you soon but until then remain blessed and be good
    Moore...
  • And Also known under the name of KELLY ANDREA
    Here is his message (ring any bell?):
    Hi, pleased to read from you.so whats it like over there in your country. I was there in May for about a week.My mom was from the States so i suppose she gave me the name. My surname is Andrea. A little bit about me, Well im a gemologist by profession and a project research manager at Radiant stone Limited a US-based international diamond mining and exploration company with operations in Botswana,South Africa, Argentina and Sierra leone . So my job takes me places.you can check out our website on http://www.radiantstonesltd.com/. Im widowed. lost my wife in 1999. Got 2 lovely, wonderful kids, a guy and girl. The guy is 23 and the girl is 21.They dont live with me though. I bought a house for them in 2009 cos i thought its time they start getting used to life as adults. But they do spend most weekends with me if im home.
    I have not dated any lady since the death of my wife. i got on the website 2 days ago hoping to meet someone who will brighten up my life and cheer me up. A companion, one whom i can trust, one to call mine, lean on, get to know each other better and if things work out move on with life with her. i'm family oriented. i have strong family values..i need a lady who will be honest, down to earth, easy going and fun to be with, not a fighter, one who will always pick up quarrel, nor do i want a flirt, a cheat. thats what i hate most.
    i have to stop here now and will talk more when we get to chat ok..hope to read from you shortly soon.
    Do you by chance use yahoo chat so we can chat on there. So tell me more about you.what do you do for a living? how long have you been on this website and what do you seek? tell me something more pls...im just anxious to know more aout you.
    cheers
    Kelly
  • KELLY ANDREA - Hartford CONNETICUT. Exact same modus operandi as the lady above reported.

Sent me loads of emails and even called. Then he went to the UK on business - the numbers he's using is +18603318254, and the uk number is +447762645784. email he uses is kell1.andrea@yahoo.com He claims he's been to your country, is very "independent" and has 2 children. A total Con Artist. He tells you he loves you within 5 days! (who does that!!!) That he'll move to your country as his children are out of the house. HE even tells you he wants to marry you - well he did with me.
    Stay away ... I do have a pic of him - just not sure how to get it on here ...
  • The UK phone number mentioned in the Aug. 26 entry is claimed by one Joel Blum who says he's with Honeywell in Aberdeen, but whose email address, made to look like a Honeywell Corp. address, is not, and comes from Oxford (UK) actually. He is mentioned elsewhere as a scammer on the craigslist ads for rentals.
  • please leave nigeria alone we are the best
  • Hi all,
    This guy has many different alias, similar stories career changes, parents always deceased, wife dead, has a child of some age....but he talks/ writes similar and can be easily picked....he scammed me with Dario Macario an italian fashion designer from london with an 8 yo daughter celia.....sent money to Kuala lumpur.....stupid stupid!....have researched him and he poses under many alias and is stalking dating sites.....49yo and uses pretends to be honest and thanks god in some form. He romanced me for months, beware.....
  • in response to Scammer Savy's August 26, 2011 post, i'd like to add that this same person you were writing about goes by the name of Thomas Blum on www.sublet.com and uses the same uk number on his profile there that you listed in your post. However he asked me to contact him on this new Uk number +(44)7741923249 , when i enquired about the rue de Sevigne apartment in Paris he was advertising on sublet.com
    Beware .....
  • His listing id on sublet is : Listing ID 1930946
  • He is now on Luxy, the high end version of Tinder. His name on there is Dario E., listed as 54 from Johannesburg. Same email to me. IDENTICAL.
  • OJZ, you dug up a thread almost 3 years old just to confirm that you're silly enough to fall for a dumb scam?

Cheers,
    Terry
  • Terry, I don't think ojz has necessarily been scammed, I think she just met the same scammer and then dug up this old thread to tell folks to beware.
  • @cheersTerry OJZ and I googled a "more than cheesy email" received on a dating site and came upon this thread- what's dumb about that? We were just letting people know this scam is still out there, relax.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged