Question about renewal of passport and re-entry to US
  • Hello everyone.

First time poster, found the forum and thought this might be a good place to start my investigation.
    Now I know this question might seem a little silly and the answer might be obvious but here goes.

I am a Swedish citizen with an US green card. My passport expires in 2013 and I live on the west cost of the US. In order for me to renew my passport in the US I have to fly cross country to the embassy in D.C. Seems like an expensive ordeal to be honest.

Now, I am going to Sweden in June - July this summer and I thought this might be a good opportunity to renew my passport. Usually takes 5 business days and I would have my new passport when ready to head back to the US. Now to my dilemma, I will leave the country on one passport and return on another. Some airlines collect passport numbers and this would obviously be different returning than going there.

Anyone have experience with this, if not, any suggestions where to ask questions about this? Should I even be worried?
    I know USCIS might be a good place to start but finding the right person to talk to is almost like finding a needle in a haystack.

Looking forward to your replies.

Thanks a lot!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tagged