Conference visa for India
  • Hi, I am a EU citizen and have just applied for a single entry visa to attend a conference in India end of March.
    After submission of my visa application I realized that my passport has only 4 1/2 months left until expiry.
    On the other hand I have read on the Indian embassy's webpage that the passport should have at least 6 months validity left. Does anyone know how seriously this rule is taken? While I can imagine such a rule to be
    sensible for some types of visa , the conference visa I am applying for is only covering a week, so I don't see any rationale for this in my case. The clerk in the Indian consulate did not check the dates in my passport but I am wondering what the chances are that my application will be turned down, as I would get to know this just a day before the intended travel.

Many thanks in advance!
  • The rules are very stricked in terms of passport in India. I advice you don't take chance and extend your passport for any further problem.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged