what is the weather and climate like, in peru
  • i know its subtropical, but are the climates of the different regions standard or does it change from time to time.
  • Now in Lima is Summer and all the coast but to the highland is raining season
  • I wish to travel to Peru on a 12 day tour with Chimu., which will take in Lake Titicaca, Mach Pichu..the usual sites.
    I want warm and DRY weather, so when is the best time to travel?
  • The best time is during the dry season in July and August. It doesn't get too cold, but always pack a rain jacket and dress in layers. If you are not doing the Inca trail, then no reason for a winter jacket for Machu Picchu. It will be cool, not cold, in the morning but warms quickly by the sun and then cools down after sunset.
  • The Peruvian winter (June – September) is the driest season and therefore the best time of year to travel.

The Peruvian summer (November – March) is the wettest season and with frequent heavy showers. The temperatures are higher than in summer, but the nights can get very cold.

It's true that there are sub-climates in Peru, as it's such a large and diverse country. The best time to visit Peru's jungle regions is April to October when it's nice and warm with less rain.

I hope that help.

Have a great trip!

Suzanne

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged