Travelling to Greece after travelling to Turkey???
  • Hi all, this might sound like a silly question but can I travel to Greece after travelling to Turkey?
    When I went to Turkey about four years ago I was told by someone in the airport that I wouldn't be able to go to Greece or the Greek side of any island for 5 years after travelling to Turkey. Is this true?? And also I had to pay £10 in Dalaman airport before we were allowed through, Is this still the norm? Thanks Liz.
  • Hi Liz,
    I am an expat living in Cyprus and have travelled to Turkey and Greece for long weekends.There is no problem travelling between the two there are regular flights direct Istanbul - Athens on a daily basis. If you haven't already got your entry visa at the airport in Turkey, ask if they will put the visa on a separate page as they do in Israel if you have concerns, however it really isn't necessary. The entry Visa for Turkey is valid for 90 days cost USD 20 at the moment but they accept EUR and GBP. Enjoy your trip Regards, CWH
  • Hi Guys,

Hoping that someone can help!

We will be travelling to Turkey and Greece in June/July.

Flying out of the UK into either Bodrum/Dalaman and doing that coastline for about 5 nights and then heading across to the Greek Islands...Crete / Santorini / Mykonos and maybe Patmos/Paros...not sure what order or if all of them yet!

I am thinking naybe a 5 night cruise maybe best for Turkey or to do it by ourselves?? Also not sure what order and how to do the Greek Islands.

Ideas would be very much appreciated!!

Thank you
  • The £10 tourist visa still applies. It's valid for 90 days!
  • I think that you could book a Gillet for a short cruise from Bodrum...
    try this site it might give you ideas...

http://www.bluecruise.org/English/routes.html

Or you can get a ferry across to Kos and go on from there if you wanted to go alone..
  • There are a lot of companies offering gulet cruises along this part of the Turkish coast. A search of Gulet Cruises should give you some options or ideas. Many cruises depart from Bodrum of varying durations. depends where you fly into. There are also some that run from the Dalaman/Marmaris area to Bodrum.

The ferry from Bodrum or Turgutreis goes across to Kos daily at about 9.30 am - the cost is 28 Euro return. Unfortunately they don't seem to sell one way tickets. There are also ferries to other Greek islands along the coast nearer to Dalaman.

You could then fly out of Kos or explore other "island hopping" ideas.
  • Hi my husband is a Lebanese passport holder and I hold an American Passport, and we are going to Turkey for a 2 week vacation and I want to go into Greece on a ferry, Will he need to get a visa in order to go to Greece for a day? Like to one of the Islands. I can't seem to find an answer does anyone know?
  • Hi Zazo,

Yes, your husband will need to apply for a Schengen visa prior to your trip. American passport holders don't need to apply for a visa in advance, however.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged