Changing my name on a South African passport
  • Hi there

    I hold dual citizenship for South Africa and Britain. I married got married in England last August and need to change my name on my South African passport.

    What do I need to do for this? Do I need to complete a form/ request a letter to have the South African consulate recognise my British marriage?

  • I would like to know the answer too. Did you work it in the end?
  • Generally you should be fine as long as you can furnish them with an unabridged marriage certificate. You can contact the South African High Commission in London at +44 207 451 7299 to find out what specific documentation you'll need to bring.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion