Walking around Ovacik
  • Is it possible to walk from Ovacik to Olu Deniz or are the roads quite busy? I want to stay in Ovacik but looking to walk to a beach etc daily and generally walk to places nearby as won't have car seats to take taxis etc. any advice or the resort in general for kids is much appreciated.
  • My two are 2 and 3 years old
  • Hi,
    you can walk but it is quite on a way in a hot dusty road (the return is all uphill), if i were you i would catch a dolmus (local minibus) these run about every 5 minutes and are clearly marked with a sign in the front window and cost around 2YTL each (around 70p). To get on one all you do is wave your hand at one and he'll stop - usually you'll know when they're coming as they'll beep their horn at you.
    Dolmus's run everywhere, Kaykoyu, Fethiye etc and all cost around the same

Don't worry about the language as most driver know enough english to understand you - the dolmus's don't require you to have child seats etc (neither do the taxi's).
    Don't worry about food if you're SC there are 3 large supermarkets that sell anything you need (inc swim wear, toys, inflatables sun-cream etc just like a normal ASDA or Sainsbury's) - AZDA & Migro's are prob the best and in the town centre

There is a smal Fair in Hisaronu and the beach is a must, apart from that it is a bit limited for 2 / 3 yr old kids but the turkish locals love children and where ever you go you will be made welcome - pleanty of sun cream, plenty of toys and plenty of pools :)
    Enjoy your holiday and remember to say Merhaba (means hello in turkish)

regards
    Jon + Jackie

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged