Kids activities in Antalya
  • Planning for a trip to Turkey with my kids, and trying to know if Antalya has any activities/sites for kids joy.
  • As Antalya is a city there's lots to do. But whereabouts in the Antalya region are you planning to stay and how old are your kids? Give more of idea to people what to recommend!!
  • There are big Aquaparks in Antalya where you and your kids enjoy the water slides and also delphins show.(Dedeman Aquapark)There are also several playground areas for kids at Konyaalt? Beaches.There is a 3D movies at DEEPOT OUTLET CENTER.(opposite the Antalya Airport).

TOP 5 PLACES TO VISIT IN AND AROUND ANTALYA

1. ANTALYA ARCHAEOLOGY MUSEUM: Antalya Archaeology Museum is one of the best museums in Turkey, and was once nominated the "Museum of the Year" by the Council of Europe. Located in the Konyaalt? disrict of Antalya, the museum consists of several sections and displays ancient objects which were discovered in nearby ancient cities. All sections of Antalya Museum are ranged in chronological order from the Paleolitihic Period to Modern Turkey. You will see the ancient marble statues of Gods and Goddesses and Roman Emperors. The Museum has got one of the biggest collections of ancient marble statues in the world.

2. PERGE ANCIENT CITY: Perge is the best preserved ancient city and located 17 km east of Antalya, within the borders of Aksu. Here you can see the Greco-Roman Theatre, Ancient Stadium, Roman Baths, Agora, and Marble Streets. Its sculpture is as popular as its architecture. The important monumental structures of the city have been discovered through excavations made by the University of Istanbul since 1946 and due to the finds of these sculptures, Antalya Museum has one of the richest collections of Roman sculpture anywhere. Historians once believed Perge was founded at the end of the Trojan wars (1275 B.C) but a Hittite tablet mentioning Perge was found in 1986 showing the city was established before the Trojan wars.

3. ASPENDOS THEATRE: Aspendos Theatre is one of the most elite representatives of Roman Age theatres in existence, with its unique architectural features and excellent state of preservation. The structure, dedicated to the Gods and the Emperors of the era, presents the latest end points of Roman Age architecture and construction practices. One of the most magnificent structures of its period, the theatre was able to hold 7000-8000 people. It was built by architecture Zeno, son of Theodoras, in the period of Emperor Marcus Aurelius (161-180 A.D). It is understood from the inscriptions at both sides of the entrance in Latin and Greek that it was made by two rich brothers named Curtius Crispinus and Curtius Auspicatus. Today Aspendos Theatre is used for festivals, operas and bales.

4. ANTALYA HARBOUR AND OLD TOWN: Antalya has one of the nicest harbours in all of Turkey. Antalya Harbour was used for more than 500 years by different cultures and today it is a great place for boat trips along the Turkish Coast. The Harbour is surrounded by the ancient city walls of Antalya and offers a great view for photographers. Behind the ancient walls of Antalya Harbour, you can also walk in the narrow streets of Old Town. There are restored Ottoman Houses which reflects the typical Turkish-Ottoman architecture. You can also find some of the best gift shops in Old Town which sell traditional objects from Antalya and Turkey. The view from Old Town to the Antalya Harbour is fantastic as you can see the entire Mediterranean Coast of the city.

5. SIDE: Side is located 40 km east of Antalya and today is a pretty resort town with hotels, restaurants, cafes and bars. Side is a peninsula and it was one of the biggest Roman cities in ancient times. You will be very surprised when you drive in Side to see the magnificent ancient ruins all over the Side peninsula. Side excavations are still going on today, and have been since 1946. You can visit the Ancient Theatre, Agora, Temple of Apollo and so many other ruins in Side. You can take a boat trip from the small and beautiful harbour Harbour.

Aykut Alt?n???k
    Archaeologist and OFF?C?AL TOUR GU?DE
    0090 538 623 81 86
    aykut@privatetours-turkey.com
  • Hi
    Ages are 13, 11, 7 yrs. I'm not yet done with where I'll be staying. Actually, I'll be considaring Antalya as a adistination if beach and other activities are suitable for my kids, otherwise, I may look st other options in Turkey.
  • There are some big aquaparks in Antalya such as DEDEMAN HOTEL AQUAPARK and AQULAND (Konyaalt? District).THEY ALSO CHARGE EACH PERSON FOR ENTRANCE! There are 2 beaches in ANTALYA:KONYAALTI BEACH and LARA BEACHES.
    Both of them only 15 km from city center by bus or by local tram.If you don't want to take bus to go to beach or Aquaparks in a warm and hot day,you can consider Belek resort which 25 km east of Antalya.5 star hotels with long sandy beaches.Hotels has got activities for kids such as indoor and outdoor swimming pools and kids club.(games,plays,painting etc)
    You can stay in 5 star city hotels in Antalya like Dedeman Hotel or Talya Hotel.You can also stay in small and luxury boutique hotels in Old Town (kalei
  • In addition to Tour Guide's suggestions.
    Also worth visiting is Goynuk - a canyon where you can swim in the pools and walk through the waterfall. Nearby is also quad biking and a woodland adventure land. I love it there and several friends have visited with kids and had a great day there - so great they went back for a second day.
    In several of the big shopping malls there are cinemas and bowling. I know of a couple of go-kart tracks as well.
    Antalya also has a lot of parks with different activities going on.
    Most beaches have banana boats etc. I personally would avoid the para sailing as there have been accidents. Lots of beaches have bars alongside offering entertainment as well.

Another option would be the Bodrum peninsula area. Lots of choice of resorts but the beaches not as good as in the Antalya area.
  • Thank you all, I'll have to do some research and then decide. Keep me up to date. Thanks

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged