Indian passport query - travel to Spain
  • Hi,

Just wondering if anyone could help me out here.

I am accompanying a group of students on a language trip to Spain from the UK. However one of the students has an Indian passport. We have already applied for a visa waiver (British Council List of Travellers) but this is the situation - her passport expires less than three months after we return to the UK from Spain. I have emailed the Indian embassy and they recommend at least three months on the passport for entry to Schengen countries but have not mentioned what to do when re-entering the UK. Have not been able to get hold of Spanish embassy but spoke to Foreign Office on the phone who said she should be able to re-enter the UK. However, I received an email (that I had sent to the Foreign Office before phoning them) after the phone call from the Foeign Office saying I would have to contact Spanish embassy - am very confused!
    Can she go to Spain and re-enter the UK with her current passport?
    Big thanks in advance!
  • If your student has a residence permit for the UK, she should have no problem re-entering the country. Any issue is more likely to come when entering Spain, so it is best to get in touch with the Spanish embassy if possible.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion