What cash should I take to Syria and Jordan
  • Hi,
    I am shortly going to tour syria and jordan for a couple of weeks. Apart from visa credit and debit card and debit cards(ATM) should I carry British pounds, US dollars or Euros?
    Dave
  • Dear Mr. Dave

Greetings

Although credit and debit cards are mor and more widly used in Syria, but we still recommend you to have cash money in your wallet as you may rarely face some techincal problems in some machines

Hope you enjoy your trip

At your service whatever you ask for from Syria

Take care

Bye bye

Firas Raphael
  • Dave - the US$ is easy to exchange everywhere in Jordan and Syria. The Jordan Dinar (JD) has a set rate against the US$ so you will know exactly what you should get each time you change. In Syria I advise to change in the bank - they will usually honour the official x-rates.

Lesley
  • hi, this is jerry in ireland.

Are there cheap and clean hostels in damascus ? how do i find them ?

or better still, is there a site where damascans (correct denonym?) advertise their apartments for rent to short term visitors ?

another question, where does one get a bus from (in Damascus) if wanting to travel overland to lebanon ? how long is that journey ?

Any tips or advice ?

many thanks for any info you can share
  • SIR
    I AM INDIAN PASSPORT HOLDER WISH TO TRAVEL JORDEN & SYRIA
    IS VISA IS ON ARRIVEL FOR JORDEN & SYRIA ?
  • Manu - according to a new goverment decision, as of 15 November 2009, individual Indian visitors are able to obtain a visa at the Jordanian borders or airports.Prior to the decision, only Indians who came in groups of five or more were allowed to get a visa at the Kingdom’s airports or borders without the need to apply for one in advance at the Jordanian embassy in their country. However, this advice comes with a caution that you should contact the Embassy of Jordan to find out if this is still the current law or whether it has changed.

As for Syria, you must apply for your visa ahead of arrival.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged