Applying UK Visa with a passport expiring soon
  • My main question is: If my passport is expiring in 4-5 months, in January 15th 2012, Can i apply for a 4 yr UK Tier 4 Student Visa on this passport or does my passport NEED to be valid for atleast 6 months?

Thanks...

My full case: I have just recieved confirmation about my offer at Cambridge for Engineering. I am an international student (Indian). I have a problem regarding my passport. My current passport is expiring in January 15th 2012 (4-5 months validity left), and hence i have applied for a new passport which the indian embassy said will take 2-4 weeks more. This would mean i will not be able to get my UK visa on time.

On some websites i have seen that to apply for a Tier 4 UK Visa, the passport needs to be valid for atleast 6 months. I have contacted the consulate here, but they have been giving me mixed answers, which has confused me. Hence I would like to know if anyoe can adivse me regarding the 6 months validity requirement? Will i be allowed to apply for a Tier 4 UK visa in germany (I am curently living in germany) with my current passport that is expiring in January?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tagged