Travel to Greece in February?
  • My family and I are considering traveling to Greece in February. It's off season, but is it still a good time to go?
  • It's depending on what you will do. To visit Athens, it's a good time, you have less other tourist, it's not hot like in summer..
    But in winter it is often rainy, windy..
    If you will visit some islands by ferry, the ferries do not as often go as in summer. Because of bad weather conditions, ferries can be cancelled..
  • And archaeological sites have shorter opening times as in summer!
  • Thanks - I'll be sure to check times, etc.
    Any suggestions for family activities? I have two young children. (8 and 4)
  • Sorry, I have no children. In summer the beaches are great for them of course..
  • HI, Greece has many places to be visited in winter too, check out here: http://www.greekholidaydestinations.com/winter.html
  • YOU WILL BE GREATLY DISSAPOINTED IF YOU COME IN FEB. CAN BE VERY COLD AND YOU WILL BE STUCK IN YOUR ROOM. NOT MUCH TO DO AND ESPECIALLY WITH SMALL CHILDREN, THE WILL BE A BIG PROBLEM..SPRING AND FALL ARE THE BEST TIMES TO COME. MANNY
  • WHAT IS THE BEST TIME TO VISIT GREECE FOR BEACH WEATHER ?
  • Generally from May to September
  • I'd say both May and September will be a bit on the cold side, the best time to visit Greece is June or August. Greece in July tends to get overly hot, and is very crowded.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged