Foreigners Applying for a France Visa in Japan
  • Hi All,
    I would like to know if any of you ever apply for a France visa in Japan for a short stay. In the France Embassy website in Japan, they mentioned that if the documents supplied is in Japanese then they needed to be translated either into English or French. I'm not sure if I'm allowed to do the translation by myself or they must be professionally translated. Also, I''m not sure if the translated documents needed to be validated by the Embassy. The France Embassy in Japan do not allow people to call up asking about visa application procedure. They only let people using e-mail or fax, I've emailed them 2 days ago but I still haven't received any reply from them.
    Did any of you ever have the experience of applying for a France visa in Japan? Please let know how did you go with the application, how strict they are and how long did it take you for the approval.
    Thank you very much in advance.
  • Hi coco,

While I'm not familiar with the visa process with this particular embassy, most countries will require than your documents be professionally translated; this is called a certified translation.
  • Oh, I see. I'll send them to the Translation Service to be translated then. Thank you so much for your reply, Anya. :)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion