Visiting Tunisia - advice on hotels and money exchange
  • planning to visit tunisia in jan 2012---do you know the phebus hotel?is it safe to stay there-or what accomodation you recommend--where do i exchange my money for dinar?at the airport-carthage?and for the language do the people speak english-as i dont know french or arabic

thank you so much
    suzette
  • Zet - where is the Phebus hotel located, which city? You can change money at the airport on arrival but you can also exchange at hotels/banks/bureaux des postes. We speak Arabic and French but in the very touristique areas they do speak English. Learn just a few words of either French or Arabic to greet and you will be met with smiles.

I hope you enjoy your vacation here
  • could you please assist me wrt the following:
    do i need a yellow fever injection for visiting tunisia from south africa?
    i book the hotel online at the phebus hotel and did receive a confirmation mail wrt my booking number
    We hereby confirm your modified booking.
    booking.com booking number 461728992
    this is the hotel information:Hotel information
    Hotel Phebus
    Address Les Cotes de Carthage Gammarth P.O.Box 598-2070
    Gammarth, 2070
    Tunisia
    Phone +21671910010
    Fax +21671910070
    E-mail sm@tulipinnphebus.com
    Travel information For personalized driving directions please go to http://www.booking.com/directions.en.html?id=461728992
    Your reservation details
    Check-in Tuesday, 17 January 12, check-in 13:00 – 00:00
    Check-out Saturday, 28 January 12, check-out 12:00 – 13:00
    can i pay the hotel when i check inn-what the dinar amount-i only receive the ZAR amount

regards
    suzette
  • Hi Zet,

You do not need any vaccinations to enter Tunisia.

I don't know if you can pay at the hotel, you should check this with the booking site. Usually they ask for a credit card or other deposit but maybe the best is to check.

I don't see any amount above but at the moment the ZAR1 will get you approx TD0.178. Our currency is divided into millimes and 1000 millimes is TD1.000

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion