What to see in Mozambique?!
  • Hello!

Im just a few short weeks away from my dream holiday in Mozambique... everything Ive heard about the country has been amazing, and I can't wait to see it for myself!!

Im just looking for some advice about what to see in Mozambique while Im there. Obviously I cant wait to see the beaches! Im flying into Inhambane from Joburg in South Africa, and will start my holiday on Tofo beach...but after that where do I go? People tell me stories about quirimbas islands and Ibo stone town... Are these good places?! is it easy to go island-hopping in mozambique?

thank you!
  • Mozambique is a big country and I only know a tiny part of it - the Quirimbas which are very remote and therefore quite expensive. The main things to see in Mozambique are the unspoilt beaches and the key attraction is the fact that most of the country remains undiscovered. The Diving and Fishing are also out of this world, and of course the southern part of the country are easy to get to from Johannesburg.
  • Tofo is a great place to start a holiday in Mozambique if you're keen for beaches. The snorkelling and scuba diving is amazing there.

Your best bet for island-hopping in Mozambique is the Bazaruto Archipelago, a little further south.

I would advise you to avoid Inhaca Island however, as it's not worth the expensive ferry trip from Maputo (and all the extra charges for docking fees and taxi rides).

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion