Passport expiration less than 6 months
  • Hey there,

I am leaving for Turkey from Gemany in 2 weeks for a 6 day vacation with my gf and overlooked my expiration date on my Canadian passport which happens to expire in Mar 30 2012. Should I undoubtably renew my visa before departure to Istanbul? Or is there a good possibility that I will be given entry do to my short stay? Thanks.
  • Hello,

Just as a partial answer, as far as I know, some airway companies declares that we dont accept passengers with passports that valid less than 6 months. You can also check the airway's website.
    Best trips!
  • Hi

I really wouldn't risk being turned away at the airport!!!

A lot can depend on the official you get on the day but as a rule most airlines will only accept passengers with 6 months remaining on their passport even for short trips.
  • Hi, my passport expired in august 2013. Currently In uk I planning my journey on next years on march. I will going to eupore trips. Its ok for me?
  • As you are not travelling until March next year ? would renew your passport while you have time.

March - August only gives you 5 months validity on your passport and some officials at passport control may not like this. Also some airlines will only accept you on board with a minimum of 6 months left on your passport. This is even more enforced, or so it seems, if you are buying 1 way tickets.
  • Hi, how about I make earlier like in december or janaury for traveling eupore trips end of janaury. Then I in France booking one ways ticket go back. Its ok?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged