Hilarious complaints from holidaymakers to their travel agents:
  • Here’s 20 of the most ridiculous complaints made by holidaymakers to their travel agent, taken from research by Thomas Cook and ABTA.

—————————-

A tourist at a top African game lodge overlooking a waterhole, who spotted a visibly aroused elephant, complained that the sight of this rampant beast ruined his honeymoon by making him feel “inadequate”.

A woman threatened to call police after claiming that she’d been locked in by staff. When in fact, she had mistaken the “do not disturb” sign on the back of the door as a warning to remain in the room.

“The beach was too sandy.”

A guest at a Novotel in Australia complained his soup was too thick and strong. He was inadvertently slurping the gravy at the time.

“Topless sunbathing on the beach should be banned. The holiday was ruined as my husband spent all day looking at other women.”

“We bought ‘Ray-Ban’ sunglasses for five euros (£3.50) from a street trader, only to find out they were fake.”

“No-one told us there would be fish in the sea. The children were startled.”

“It took us nine hours to fly home from Jamaica to England it only took the Americans three hours to get home.”

“My fiancé and I booked a twin-bedded room but we were placed in a double-bedded room. We now hold you responsible for the fact that I find myself pregnant. This would not have happened if you had put us in the room that we booked.”

“I compared the size of our one-bedroom apartment to our friends’ three-bedroom apartment and ours was significantly smaller.”

“The brochure stated: ‘No hairdressers at the accommodation’. We’re trainee hairdressers - will we be OK staying here?”

“There are too many Spanish people. The receptionist speaks Spanish. The food is Spanish. Too many foreigners.”

“We had to queue outside with no air conditioning.”

“We found the sand was not like the sand in the brochure. Your brochure shows the sand as yellow but it was white.”

“We had to queue outside with no air conditioning.”

“I was bitten by a mosquito - no-one said they could bite.”

“I think it should be explained in the brochure that the local store does not sell proper biscuits like custard creams or ginger nuts.”

“It’s lazy of the local shopkeepers to close in the afternoons. I often needed to buy things during ’siesta’ time - this should be banned.”

“On my holiday to Goa in India, I was disgusted to find that almost every restaurant served curry. I don’t like spicy food at all.”

“We booked an excursion to a water park but no-one told us we had to bring our swimming costumes and towels.”
  • Brilliant David,.. enjoyed that ..Paddy
  • David - wonderful. I could add many, many more but as a consultant and guide my mission is always to be as gentle as I can. Like explaining why the Tuareg camp in the Sahara desert does not have running water.

Lesley
  • Lesley, sounds good, add some more - please!!
  • OK - you asked for it. Keep in mind that most of my tours are in the Middle East and North Africa!

One of my guests on her first night in Jordan called my room at 4.30 a.m. Emergency, absolutely. She wanted to tell me that the 'singer' had woken her and for me to go over to please ask him to keep it down so she could go back to sleep. Singer? Took me a while to shake off the fog to realise she meant the call to morning prayer.

Why didn't they build Petra closer to the airport???

"The hotels were very nice apart from the fact that there was no bacon at breakfast. "

"We didn't realise that the Sahara was going to be so hot and there wasn't any air-con in the tent"

"We had a great time in Morocco but just wanted to tell you that the seats in some the restaurants are too low. You should let them know that chairs are available" Guess they didn't like the traditional seating on benches with carpets and cushions!!

"We didn't like the carpet in the hotel room"

"We didn't realise that there would be so many Arabs in Jordan"

"The stoney dessert was too stoney"

I'll try to remember more

Lesley
  • Lesley - the singer story reminds me of a hotel i checked into late at night without noticing the mega mosque next door. The next morning at 4.30am I got the call to prayer coming through the most powerfukl speakers i have ever heard. I got such a fright I jumped out of bed naked and ran into the street before realising what had happened. I will always remember that sound.... aaaayiyaaahhhwah-ghariba-iiieeemmawhey.....

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion