Which Greek Island?
  • Hi,

Me and my boyfriend are looking to go to one of the Greek Islands at the end of June/beginning of July and are unsure as to which one would suit us best.

We're both 18 and looking for somewhere with great sandy beaches and good nightlife. We hoping to avoid the usual football-shirt-wearing larger-lout territory, without losing out on the selection of bars and clubs. We were also looking for somewhere with day trips available - maybe boat trips, a water park... But we're not too interested in history or hiking.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,
    Amy
    :)
  • Hi Amy, late June is too early for the lager louts, so if you want to try Santorini and Mykonos, you should have an amazing time. You could look at Spetses for a different kind of island, and if you want off the beaten track, try Sifnos or Andros or Tinos. Check out our website www.fivestargreece.com - our villas are not for you I am guesssing, but the island portrati section there might be helpful. Have a great trip!
  • Hi,
    Here's a list with the best summer destinations in Greece:

Summer Greek Holiday Destinations

You can find in there all the information you are looking for...
  • Hi there,
    My name is Grigoris and I would definately recommend for you Paxos Island and Antipaxos (small paradise). the reason that i am telling this is in Paxos you can have everything you need.
    Most of the day Paxos is very silent but you can do a lots of different things, like cycling, rent a boat and go to Antipaxos, get the ferry to Corfu or Lefkada.
    Please check all info in my site
    www.fougarostravel.com
  • Try Tilos, near Rhodes. It is off the beaten track and remains unspoiled, although fairy difficult to get to.
  • My partner and I are flying to Rhodes around June 6th. We have hotel accomodations for for five islands...Rhodes, Mykonos, Santorini, Elunda, and Costa Navarino...BUT we do NOT have travel arrangements between the islands. We could adjust the ORDER of island visitations and the number of nights at each as we are using points for our stays. Does anyone know the transportation modes available, the schedule of transportation, the cost of transportation and finally, the length of time for travel between each of the islands??? What would be the best sequence of travel- from June 6 to June27, 2013? Thank you for any help you may provide; we are both seniors but are very active.
  • Hi, I want to scatter my brothers ashes off of one of the greek islands but need to find somewhere with a main airport and a marina also need accomodation near by as will be going with my 84 year old mum...can anyone guide me in the right direction?

• Hi there!

You may want to check this out! http://www.yourgreekisland.com/

It is a website that allows you to select among 70+ criteria for your destination, and then proposes the Greek island that best meets your criteria among 61 islands!

You may also find useful information for each island, such as places to eat, beaches, things to see and do, etc.
    You can also get to see a Greek islands map to help you get your way around.

All rankings and information has been compiled by Greeks professionals, thus providing credible advise.

Hope you find it useful!

Cheers!

Spyros
  • The Island of Lesbos where Sappho taught.    I think.  I hear its gorgeous.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged