Best place in Belgium for eating/drinking?
  • I've always loved classic Belgian food like frites, waffles, chocolate, beer, and more; so I've decided it's time to take an eating holiday to Belgium! Where is the foodie center of Belgium, a good place to try all of the country's classic dishes? I really am interested more in the casual types of food mentioned, not in trying out great classic fancy restaurants or anything like that. Any tips on which ciy/cities to go to, and any particular cafes/shops/stalls/markets, would be greatly appreciated!
  • LOL, I see not many people are answering your question, and I just joined this forum, but I hope you will read this some day.

The best places to go are :

Beer and frites = Antwerpen
    Chocolate = Brugge
    Waffles = Brussels
    Wine and liquer = Liege (Luik)

• Thanks for the suggestions! I'm also interested in the food and drink of Belgium, but more specifically the wonderful trappist ales. Any suggestions where would be a good place to sample those?
  • Anya, I believe Chimay is the most famous of Trappist ales, they make fine cheese to. You visit Scourmont Abbey about 2 hours from Brussels. The abbey has a guest house, restaurant and shop. 
    I have one beer glass left as a memento of my visit !  
  • Try quiches at Brussels' Pâtisserie le Saint-Aulaye
  • Thanks a lot for the valuable suggestion. I will surely go to the Brugge for testing the chocolates.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged