Bhutan's Wangdue Phodrang Dzong destroyed???
  • I've got a long-awaited trip to Bhutan coming up in September, and justnow saw an article that claimed that Bhutan's Wangdue Phodrang Dzong has had a very bad fire; this is one of the places I was very much looking forward to visit, how bad was the fire? Has the place been completely destroyed? Would appreciate any information very much!
  • Hi Katel,

I recently returned from Bhutan and yes, the dzong is destroyed. We arrived in Bhutan the day before the fire broke out. It was a very sad time for the Bhutanese people and they have vowed to restore it. Although not the same, there are many other dzongs in the country that you will be able to visit. The country and the people are lovely--you will have a marvelous time.

Don't forget that you'll need a long skirt or pants and long sleves to enter dzongs and monestaries.
  • That is so sad! Can you recommend alternative dzongs or monasteries in Bhutan to visit!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged