Passport less than 6 months validity
  • I am travelling to the UK for 6 weeks over Dec '12/Jan '13, returning on the 8th of Jan. I have an Australian passport, which is valid for my entire length of stay but expires May 24 2013, which is less than 6 months from the date of my return.
    After contacting numerous embassies and have yet to get a straight answer and have only got conflicting answers from different resources... some say it must be valid 6 months from the date of your return, others say it only has to be valid for the duration of your trip...
    Could anyone give me any clarification on this??
    Thank you!
  • There isn't a hard and fast rule, it's different for every country. Where are you planning to visit? You may want to think about renewing your passport ahead of time anyway, since you have plenty of time before you go.
  • Well we are going a few places, UK, France, Italy, Germany, Austria, Czech republic, Denmark and Netherlands and possibly Bosnia and Croatia.
    I thought I might just do that, but I cant renew mine, since I'm coming off a child passport. I'd have to apply for a new one, a cost I'd like to avoid if I could.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged