HongKong tourism
  • Hi
    Planning to go Hong Kong in late January for just 5 days. But I have some questions
    Do i need a visa to visit Hong Kong?
    Is January is the perfect time to visit?
    Is hiring a private care safe to explore the city?
    What are the major attractions there?

Waiting for quick replies.
  • Hi fcannie,
    I'm not sure where you're from so I can't give you specific visa details but here is an overview of Visa and Passport Requirements for Hong Kong. Unfortunately January can be a bit cold and rainy but as many of the attractions are indoors you can still have a great time. Here is a link to some great Hong Kong Attractions to get you excited! Enjoy your trip.
  • August to December is said to be great time to visit Hong Kong, for getting visa you have to contact with Hong Kong embassy's along all the necessary information like reason to visit, account balance, time being to stay, where to get accommodation etc. Then embassy will review all the threads and deciding about visa.
  • January is very good time for visit the Hong Kong. Some impotent document are must for visiting the Hong Kong such as Visas, Passport.
  • Thanks for the replies.I am from London and will be traveling along with my elder sister.. but what are the attractions that i can explore in January and what about private car? Will it be safe to hire it for exploring the city.
  • Hi again,
    Hong Kong is a great city for shopping and eating out and obviously that is not weather dependent. There are also some great museums to visit, including the Hong Kong Museum of Art, the Museum of History and, if you're interested, the surprisingly popular Museum of Tea Ware. Hiring a car and driving yourself can be pretty confusing because signposting is not in English. As the public transport is really good it may be easier to just use that. Check out this guide to Transport in Hong Kong.
  • Thanks a lot for such a gr8 information.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion