Things to do in Altinkum, Turkey
  • I am going to stay at Palm Wings Resort in Altinkum, Turkey in July...

Just wondered if anyone knew of anything that is worth visiting...

Such as:

- Bars / Clubs
    - Beaches
    - Turkish Baths
    - Markets

I would appreciate your comments

Thanks
  • See:
    www.tripreport.com/resort/Turkey/Aegean+Coast/Altinkum

Loads of ideas on what to see and do in Altinkum
  • Bar's visit CJ's, Linekers or the British Pub for a lively night out, although the bars around Dolphin Square are equally as good. The only night club worth a visit is the open air, Medusa.
    There are three beaches, 1st or main beach, which is always crowded, 2nd or banana beach that is quieter,I would recommend this beach, and 3rd beach that was beautiful, with only two restaurants on its edge. I assume this has changed though, with the building of the new marina on the 3rd beach?
    Be wary of the Hammam (Turkish baths, as there are some dodgy characters, that use massaging women, as an excuse for a free grope, as I can tell you from personal experience!) I would strongly recommend the Spice as the finest turkish baths in Altinkum, they are clean, professional and well maintained, with a choice of male and female masseuse.
    The tour operators will try to sell you a day trip to either Kusadasi, or Side markets. Save your money, the market in Didim, on a saturday, is just as big, and will take you most of the day to get around. Check your prices, barter, and don't buy the first thing you see. The same goods are on sale throughout the market, keep at it till you get the cheapest price. (The Turks expect you to haggle, and think you a fool, if you don't.)
    Visit the Temple of Apollo in Didim, it's only a short dolmus (bus) ride away, and there is a restaurant opposite, that is very reasonably priced, and the food is really tasty.
    Don't book excursions or tours with your rep, they will charge you much,Pamukale much more than if you book through somewhere like Love Tours! Even then, shop around, as there are lots of these tour operators in Altinkum. Try to visit Ephesus, and Cleopatras pool. Its better to do this as an overnight package, as it's a hell of a long journey, but trust me it is well worth the time.
    Finally, try the Lokanta's (cafe's) look in the back streets, and always pick one that is full of locals. Make sure too that you ask the prices before ordering, and eating your meal. They are inexpensive, and the food is delicious. I hope you enjoy your holiday, as much as I have, I have been to Altinkum many times, and have had some brilliant times there.
    PS. Try Mamma's, if you miss English food, they do a mean English breakfast, and also their sunday lunches are second to none.
  • HELLO,
    MY PARTNER AND I ARE GOING TO BE STAYING AT THE GARDEN OF SUN IN ALTINKUM TURKEY,
    ANYONE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE HOTEL.
    MANY THANKS
    DIZZY

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged