tourist visa for cruise ship passengers
  • Does anyone out there know if you need a tourist visa to Cape Verde if you are arriving via cruise ship for the day and do not intend to leave the ship?
  • Not good news. I had (apparently unfortunately) relied upon a web page notation :

http://corporatetraveller.wordtravels.com/Travelguide/Countries/Cape+Verde/Visa

that stated that a visa could be purchased upon arrival for 25 Euros. Is that not correct?

From your short answer it appears that my cruise is in distinct jeopardy.
  • I also tried to apply for a visa from

http://www.capeverdevisa.net/home.html

on their site. They have a drop down menu that allows you to simply fill in the blanks and they will email you a visa within 7 days. However, when I tried it, the site simply kicked the application out. I assumed it was because they are only set up for airline passenger traffic. They only had a space for flight information.

Do you have any suggestions on who I should beg to in order to get past this problem?
  • I also put in a clarification request to Cape Verde Visa and nothing back from them yet. Same thing for Corporate Traveler. But it has only been a few hours and it is the weekend. Hopefully someone out there will have some good news tomorrow. I think praying is in order right about now.
  • Hello Mona

I have been advised that when one is passing through Cape Verde on a cruise ship a visa is NOT required. This was confirmed by three sources. A visa company, a former member of the cruise lines and the hotel director of the ship I will be traveling on all advised we would be good without it.. This is fantastic news.
    So it looks like we will be taking the cruise after all.

Travel safely.
  • Hi there,

As a general rule, you don't need to bother with a visa if you don't intend to leave the cruise ship (although there are exceptions). I'm glad you got your information sorted out!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged