Must see sights in Sri Lanka
  • Hi Everyone,
    I will be travelling with my husband to Sri Lanka around Christmas time. I heard it is a really nice place and wanted to know what are the must-see sights? Also, should I book through a travel agent in terms of air tickets and hotel? Any insight is greatly appreciated! Thanks for your time!
  • Hi travelholic,

The things you heard about Sri Lanka are true because it is an island that includes almost all the things.there is some kind of a thing to do here for all as they desire.Being an island Sri Lanka blessed with golden sandy beaches all around the country and the central Hill country with cool comfortable climate(where the world best CEYLON tea comes from),8 world heritage sites including Kandy Holistic city,Sigiriya rock citadel,Anuradhapura & Polonnaruwa ruins, Sinharaja rain forest and Galle fortified city.Also wildlife sanctuaries with the elephants and leopards in their natural habitat ,an elephant orphanage at Pinnawala and MANY MORE...!!!

It is better if you can get help from a travel agent as they can help you on designing your tour itinerary according to your preferences,budget and locations.and also they can help you booking hotels (as in this peak season time,most hotels are fully booked) as well as for air ticketing.If you want any help on those things send me an email on tragasthi@gmail.com or skype:tharindu.sonrisa.

Hope my comment will help for your request and pleasure to comment on your post!
    Wish you a nice and memorable journey to Sri Lanka and merry Christmas!!!

Best regards,
    Tharindu
  • when you go Shri Lanka must see Sigiriya.Sigiriya is located in North Central Sri Lanka and is a popular stop for tourists interested in its archeological ruins. The town's main attraction is the fortress, inclusive of various gardens and palaces built in the 5th century AD by King Kasyap. It was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO in 1982.
  • Sri Lanka is a beautiful and interesting country: do some research beforehand to work out where you want to go and what you want to see, particularly as some regions of Sri Lanka are more dangerous, though if you stick to the tourist circuit you should be totally safe. Check out this compact little Sri Lanka Travel Guide to learn about health and safety, currency and the like, as well as the country's main tourist attractions. Enjoy! 
  • Really, Sri Lanka is very nice place. I love Weligama beach. All sights are beautiful. Some time when I'm alone, I just think about those sights. 

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion