Best sushi and Japanese food in Tokyo?
  • I've heard the sushi in Japan is totaly different to the sushu you get elsewhere in the world and that many of the dishes westerners know aren't even prepared in Japan.
    I'm really interested in trying some authentic sushi and Japanese cuisine, so can anyone point me in the direction of the best authentic Japanese restaurants in Tokyo?
  • For the best sashimi & sushi you want to go to the Tsukiji Fish Market. It is absolute chaos - hands down the most crowded public place I have ever experience. Wait times vary from 15 minutes to 45 minutes for a sushi place - the fish is prepared right there in the market. You will not find more fresh sushi (maybe anywhere in the world). Honestly the rush from the crowds and madness just adds to the whole experience.
  • I agree with Sashimi Fan - get delicious fresh sushi at the stalls or restaurants you'll find all around Tsukiji fish market. Just have a wander round and choose the one that looks best to you... you basically can't go wrong : )
  • I love my sushi and Japanese food too. I'm just not keen on anything which is "almost alive" like a squid: http://www.worldofdeals.co.uk/blog/squid-comes-back-to-life-and-dances-on-your-dinner-plate/

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion