Weekend in Copenhagen
  • Planning to spend a weekend in Copenhagen in March, anyone been there recently who can advise on what to see, where to go, good restaurant, best way to get around Copenhagen on a bit of a budget. I have booked a flight, but not a hotel yet - so any advice on best places to stay also appreciated! many thanks for any help!!
  • Copenhagen is a great city to walk around. I'd recommend getting a guide from the tourist information office, put on some comfortable shoes and hit the streets.
  • Can you still rent bicycles for free in Copenhagen? I was there 10 years ago and you could use a bike by paying a small returnable deposit. It seems like such a great idea - I hope they still do it.
  • They still offer free bike use in Copenhagen, a bit cold however at this time.

Cheers, Claus
  • Hey SuzieJ
    Sorry i know this might be late, but hopefully someone else can find it usefull.
    First questions fist.
    1. Cheap ways of getting around copenhagen - Bus, metro, free bikes, train .. all run around the clock, and you seldomly have to wait more than max 10 minuttes for a train.
    2. Hotels, since you say you are on a budget, id look in the cheaper part of Copenhagen "Vesterbro". This place has OK hotels - allthough the general setting is a bit dodgy. However, if you walk for less than 1 minutte you will be close to really nice places.
    3. Restaurants.. For danish food, k

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged