Egypt Tour operators: warning/bad experience
  • Hello,
    I used cometoegypt for a few trips and not impressed at all, hotels not very good and guides very unprofessional in that they didnt know a lot of information and they left us very disappointed by their services!
    I had also noticed a lot of harassment towards the female tourists of our group. It was an extremely annoying & unplesant travelling experience.

At the pyramids we paid our guide for a camel ride, this was ok, but of course they all wanted tips, guide suggested 50le for camel guide and 30 for himself as he got us good camels. Think this was going too far but didn’t want to argue at the time.

Our guide also tried to take us to alabaster and papyrus shops although we had stated we didn’t want this.

It was the same next day visiting the musuem and Islamic Cairo, a lot of harassment from the guide over what we wanted. Again he explained the bare minimum and left us to wander on our own. Question of tips came up again. This time he thought 100le for a tip, on top of his fee was ok.

All the above really spoilt our few days in Cairo.

This company has been also reported at Ripoff Website ( http://www.ripoffreport.com/Travel/Travel-Agents/Search.aspx )

As a last thing I would like to advise the potentional travellers to NOT visit the website of www.cometoegypt.com because apparently it is a dangerous & fishing website mainly the front page of it. This website has been marked as a dangerous site containg a " trojan horse" virus which detects & steals personal data information.
  • I used this firm and found same problems, thanks for highlighting it.
  • I had a great experience traveling in Egypt with a tour agency. I tried to find the name without success - I think it was Numbai. Guides were knowledgeable and no pressure for tips. We were appreciative and did tip nicely, but did not feel any pressure to tip them during the trip. Lots of pressure from everyone else for a tip - baksheesh!
  • Has anyone heard of Go Travel Egypt (Go Egypt Tour). Are they a reputable tour company?
  • hi i use a company called Jet travel company they seem to have a few bureaus all over not just Egypt.
    also in Luxor try The tour companies on the Cornish and haggle and get the price prices for tours.
    You will get ripped off regardless where or what you do in egypt i have been going for some time now and still trip up, i got
    ripped off on the New ferry - giving $10 eg for thr crossing for 2 people and it should have been $4 return - but you learn the hard way - thats small bakeesh, but it mounts up on a daily basis.
    H
  • Dear Sir, I am a UK residence, I would like to go holiday to Egypt. Do i need visa for my indonesian pasport ? Thanks.
  • Shanti, you need to have Visa from the Egyptian embassy before arriving to Egypt , i think with your residence Visa in UK , it will be very easy having your entry Visa to egypt
    if you need any assistance for arranging your trip you may contact me ( a_elsayed76@yahoo.com )
  • Heello guys , please advice me which places deserve to visit during my stay for 02 weeks at Cairo and did anyone have good experince with travel agencie that arrange day tours at Cairo, wait your comment so soon as i will travel to cairo on next week
  • Tulip, There are many places of interest to be visited at Egypt. As you will be travelling for two weeks, so I think the best itinerary is to visit Cairo, go on a Nile Cruise for 03 nights (From Aswan to Luxor) then spend a night at Luxor. Don't miss visiting the mosy fantastic temples at Abydos & Dandara which is to be reached from Luxor. Then fly to sharm el sheikh for some relaxation on the Red Sea Coast beside some excursions there from snorkelling, desert safari, quad runner, hike up Mt. Moses at Sinai. finally, reruen back to cairo for departure.
  • Hi Tulip
    to spend 2 weeks in Cairo , i think it is too long period , i visited Egypt before for 10 days between Cairo 2 years ago, Nile cruise & Hurghada , it was my honey moon , so it was really unforgettable , so i had good experience with travel agency in Egypt i don't remember its name but i remember Ms. Hend tour operator she was too Helpful her mail (hrajih@hotmail.com) any way if i find company name i 'll send directly
    i like to be helpful
    Mariette
  • Dear Tulip
    you can stay Cairo for few days -visit Giza Pyramids, Sakkara pyramid & Memphis ,Egyptian museum , Citadel of Salaheldin, Old Cairo(Amr Ben ElAas mosque 1st mosque in Egypt ,hanging Church and Sinagogue (Ben Ezra Temple),Khan El Khalili- you can stay couple of Days in Alexadria & visit montaza Palace,Catacomb, Pompay pillar ,National museum ,Quitbay citadel , roman -greek theatre...
    you can stay 4 or 3 nights at Upper Egypt at Nile cruise . include sight seeings...
    of course it is not all trips but it just recommendation for you

hoping to be helpful
  • heyy every one i believe that every traveler who want to travel safe he should be contracted to a good tour operator , as he will be giving a traveler vouche and itinerary - wich considered a travel contract - that guarantee all his rights like hotel names and categories , nile cruise , visits included and not included .also other points like tips should be clarified from the begining to asvoid misunderstanding ,,,,

your mohamed
    travel agenct from egypt
  • Professor Travel Egypt Recommendations ”
    Apr 21, 2010, 2:35 PM
    We, my husband and booked a tour program directly with Professor Travel Egypt. We did not know what to expect I was to be honest not sure we did the right thing. But it was. The agency Professor Travel really met all our expectations and more. Lovely service, professional guides, comfortable transfers and they took good care of us all the time. We were travelling for 25 days around Egypt and experienced a lot of this beautiful country and met wonderful people. I would really recommend this agency again.

Sometimes you are treated as you behave!

Thanks to all our guides and tour leaders in Cairo, Alexandria,Luxor, Aswan, Sharm El Sheik and more..
    http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294200-i9124-k3571966-Professor_Travel_Egypt_Recommendations-Egypt.html
  • Egypt Forum: Professor Travel Egypt Recommendations
    http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g294200-i9124-k3571966-Professor_Travel_Egypt_Recommendations-Egypt.html
    Professor Travel Egypt Recommendations ”
    Apr 21, 2010, 2:35 PM
    We, my husband and booked a tour program directly with Professor Travel Egypt. We did not know what to expect I was to be honest not sure we did the right thing. But it was. The agency Professor Travel really met all our expectations and more. Lovely service, professional guides, comfortable transfers and they took good care of us all the time. We were travelling for 25 days around Egypt and experienced a lot of this beautiful country and met wonderful people. I would really recommend this agency again.

Sometimes you are treated as you behave!

Thanks to all our guides and tour leaders in Cairo, Alexandria,Luxor, Aswan, Sharm El Sheik and more..

www.professortravel-egypt.com
  • Tulip, There are many places of interest to be visited at Egypt. As you will be travelling for two weeks, so I think the best itinerary is to visit Cairo, go on a Nile Cruise for 03 nights (From Aswan to Luxor) then spend a night at Luxor. Don't miss visiting the mosy fantastic temples at Abydos & Dandara which is to be reached from Luxor. Then fly to sharm el sheikh for some relaxation on the Red Sea Coast beside some excursions there from snorkelling, desert safari, quad runner, hike up Mt. Moses at Sinai. finally, reruen back to cairo for departure.
  • Just a very quick comment, and a big thank you for our very well planned holiday with Egypt Unexpected Tours, which was lovely, which we really enjoyed, hopefully we will be back to Egypt soon. Many thanks again.
  • hi im from tanzania i would like to visit egypt soon........does anyone know the best tour agent????e mail me kapolondotony@gmail.com
  • sure ..

we are Sports Voyages Travel and we can offer nice programs
    by very good rate

SAMEH AL-ABHAR
    Contracting & Operation Manager
    sameh@sportsvoyages.com
  • Select Egypt www.selectegypt.com was taking care of me in Egypt during my trip there. I must really tell that they were wonderful people. They attended my calls even at midnight and attended to me.there is nothing this guys can do! Love to see Egypt with you guys again. Their driver were helpful and caring.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion