Information on Monte Isola
  • My girlfriend and I have been wanting to visit an Italian lake for some time now and I love the sound of Lake Iseo. We are after a very relaxing quiet holiday full of walking and cycling so after a bit of research we are desperate to stay on Monte Isola.

One downside of it's remote and quite attitude for which it is so appealing is trying to get good information and tips on where to stay. So if anyone out there can provide any information or reviews (good or bad), on any hotels/apartments/B&B's would be fantastic.

Insider tips on travel and restaurants would also be brilliant.

Cheers
    Brass!
  • Ciao BM,

The Iseo lake is a very pretty area despite the far northern corner scarred a little with some quarry work. It is certainly quieter than the nearby busy Lago D Garda. I have been around the lake before but have not experienced the island nor the accomodation. I did find a worthy website with some information for you. http://www.italianvisits.com/lombardia/monte_isola/index.htm. If you need any info on the other lakes I can help - there is even a cycling hotel off Lago D Garda... There is also a great cycling route on Lake Como....
  • Hi Brian,

Cheers for the link, looks like it will prove useful. It certainly makes me think it is an area I would love to visit. I will have to post and let you know how my search progresses.
  • Brassmonkey - also take a look through the Word Travels info on the Italian Lake country. Might give you a few more ideas!

http://www.wordtravels.com/Travelguide/Countries/Italy/Regions/Lake+Country
  • Lake Iseo is a super location. My hubby and I stayed there after flying into Bergamo. Breathtakingly beautiful is more like it. I highly suggest the Relais Mirabella. It sits up on the hill with "to die for room views" overlooking the lake. The dining room, pool, and patio drinks all have this awe inspiring view, too. Prices were reasonable for a Relais property. The dining was surperb. Be sure to drive in the village itself of Iseo. You can drive all around, in and out of all the darling small harbor towns. There are boardwalks along the lake and it is an authentically delightful Italian experience.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion