Zambia Game viewing - best safari parks?
  • I'm taking a business trip to Zambia and will be staying in Lusaka. I've decided to take my wife along with me so that we can try fit in a little safari holiday at one or two of the game parks. I've heard Zambia is known for its amazing game viewing but which parks are the best?

If anyone's been there recently and stayed in one of the national parks, can you please tell me which are the best? We're looking for a bit of luxury, but perhaps staying at one of the national park's more upmarket chalets rather than a private game park as I hear those can be pretty expensive.
    Anyone got any advice?
  • Hi Jonesy.
    I would suggest you go to South Luangwa National park which i suppose is the best park in Zambia. Of course Kafue National Park is closer to Lusaka but its a park infested with tsetse flies which makes game viewing hard because of the nasty bite. There are quite a number of camps in South Luangwa which are in the game management area and you will be very unlucky if Elephants don't visit you during the day. The best place to stay is Flat dog camp which is only 400 m from the entrance to the park. They have a tented camp and also chalets, restaurant, bar and a swimming pool. If you go there after the 1st of November, then you can camp. They do offer morning game drives and night game drives also walking safaris, normally as from June to October.
    Their email address is info@flatdogscamp.com or flatdogs@super-hub.com.
  • Great info - thanks. Looking forward to those elephants!!
  • You are welcome. Enjoy Zambia, the real Africa

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion