dad and son holiday in altinkum
  • Can anyone tell me the best place to take my 16 yr old son in turkey, i am a single parent and we both like a bit of sport, waterparks etc and a bit of nightlife. Altinkum has beedn mentioned?
  • How about oludeniz? or Kalkan?
  • Try Gumbet/Bodrum, its a pretty relaxed area but that isn't to say there not plenty to do. There is a waterpark nearby but to be honest it's expensive for what it is and seems to cater mainly for locals. For around £16 each get a gulet cruise from one of the vendors on the beach, 7 hrs of lazing, swimming, rock diving, and general fun, with lunch and drinks inclusive. There are other watersports available from the beach also with speedboats, parasailing scubs and snorkelling etc. Its nice to have a good walk over the hill from gumbet to bodrum or go a little further if you want to. I was there july 09 with 2 16 year olds who loved it and i am returning this june with my 22 year old son to add to the experience. I found Altinkum much quiter but that was 10 years ago to be fair.
  • I would suggest the Bodrum/Gumbet area as well. Have been travelling there for over 10 years now with my family and the 16 yr olds have always found lots to do.
    I now live in Antalya and again there's lots to do here. Also the advantages of a vibrant city nearby. There's the usual boat trips etc but you're not far from the mountains if you fancy a bit of mountain biking etc. Fabulous kebab places :o) lots going on all the time and better beaches than the Bodrum peninsular.
    Depends really on what you and your son enjoy but Turkey has such a wealth of activities, culture etc to offer I'm sure that where ever you choose you won'tbe disappointed :o)
  • hi does enyone know how to find my son in antinkum antalya i understand that candice hart and my son jaiden
    ian hart mc gaughay,are over there with ashley milnes.and
    my son is 10mths can enyone help

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged