Currency rates for British pound?
  • Hi Guy`s can anyone tell me how many Indian Rupees you get to the British pound in Goa ?
  • hi, AT THE MOMENT IT IS 74 TO THE POUND, BUT AROUND JAN/FEB/MARCH THE RATES CAN GO UP BETWEEN 80 AN 88 PER THE POUND. DONT ASK ME WHY, I HAVE BEEN GOING THERE THESE PAST SEVEN YEARS. WARNING! DO NOT CHANGE A LOT OF MONEY IN UK RATE IS ABOUT 60 TO THE POUND
  • HI
    Today price is 71.74 Rs for 1 GBP but this is not constant, its change everyday
  • I have been to India many times and it always seems to hovver around 70-85 rupees to the pound roughly speaking - officially you cannot obtain INR in the UK so just change up some money on arrival - but watch out at the airports as the rates aren't great and there is a tendency to 'accidentally' short change you - so don't be embarrassed to check and ask for the currency exchange printout - or just head to the ATM.
  • I was told that us dollars get a better value within india? as much as 15% is that correct? I have dollars and pounds and was wondering if i should keep both or convert dollars into pounds? Any help would be great
  • hi there we are going to goa april 5Th is the pound stronger than the dolar in the resost
  • u may get british 500 pounds which wud b more than enough to travel to Goa
  • It varies from about 65-85 from place to place in Goa. Have a look around before you change your money! :)
    Have a great trip.
  • Be careful while changing your money! Also get a receipt for the transaction.

Happy journey!!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged