Entry bans to Indonesia due to Israeli stamp?
  • I am a British passport holder living in Australia and have visited many countries in the world, including Israel, as a short term tourist. Although not Jewish I have been told that because I have an Israeli stamp on my passport I cannot use it to visit Indonesia. Is this true?
  • Not true - there is no official policy or confirmed incidents of people being refused entry because of Israeli stamps. Indonesian passport holders can get into trouble, but not tourists. You should have no problems at all.
  • I have never heard about this issue. I suggest you inquire to the Indonesian Ambassy in Oz. However, it would be very suprising if there were any restrictions.
  • No problems,i have indonesian stamps in my passport and israeli and there r no problems though a lot of questions when going to israel
  • Im Indonesian, and Im absolutely sure that you wont have a problem entering our country with Israel's stamp on your passport. Indonesia is the biggest moslem population but we are very tolerant people. A lot of Indonesian people mostly who are not moslem went to Israel also. So sure it's ok for you :)
    Dont worry we respect all the religions and in fact we celebrate 5 religious event as national's holiday, not like Britain which didnt recognise that :) .. So hope you will have good time in Indonesia
  • I am an Indian passport holder. Have visited Israel many times and currently in Indonesia.
    No problems faced.
    So enjoy....
  • Is it true if you have a Israeliens passport you can t get a visa for Indonesia?
  • fyi: I just had a talk with Indonesian embassy in Belgium. My question was almost same as yours: can i enter Indonesia with Israel stamp on my french passport ? answer was: no problem !

Will try it out in June during my travel and come back to confirm
  • Apparently Israeli nationals traveling on an Israeli passport cannot get a visa for Indonesia.
  • I have travelled to Indonesia after Israel and I had no problem, so I am sure it should be fine. I would call the Indonesian Embassy in your home country though just to make sure the rules and regulations havent changed.
  • There isn't any problem entering Indonesia with an Israeli stamp in your passport, countries that wont let you in are countries like Syria, Lebanon,
  • @Matt: Israeli passport holders can apply for special visa to Indonesian Foreign Ministry.
  • I just called the Indonesian High Com in London and they said in a British passport, no problem. The Indonesian friend who posted above might like to know that his neighbours, Malaysia, are (I hear) less tolerant of Israeli stamps. So, Bali here I come!!!!
    If you have Indonesian stamps in a passport and visit Israel, you are likely to encounter longer questioning on entry but there is no ban on entry with indonesian stamps.
  • I have done some research and Indonesia is never a problem for those with Israeli stamps in their passports. I would welcome any information about which countries do have a problem with it though because reports seem to vary. Is this because border officials on the ground apply their own prejudices? I plan to travel in the Middle East and have been warned that many countries may not let me in with the Israeli stamp in my passport...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion