Hong Kong visa query
  • hi all,
    my husband and i are both irish and we are travelling this summer. we are stopping over in hong kong for 3 days, do we need to get a visa?

  • Good Evening Wildrose,
    Visitors with Irish Republican passports are able to stay without a visa for up to 90 days in Hong Kong.
    However it should be noted that your passports must have at least 6 months validity left after your departure from Hong Kong.
    I hope that this is helpful,
    Have a great trip

  • thank you philip
  • hi there i live in uk buti m nepalese guy i want to visit hongkong to see my causin do i have to book the hotel ticket or
    is that fine if i give their address where i'm going tolive in hongkong to get thevisa
  • I m british citizen and i booked 3 weeks holiday in hongkong.
    Do i need visa to go to hong kong?
  • Teddy - see our page on Honk Kong Travel Information for your answer.
  • HI! I will be going to Hongkong to wait for my new work permit as a live-in caregiver. The immigration(Canada) as me to start my program(Live-in caregiver progrm) because I wasn't able to complete the 24 months required within 3 years so, I was advised to exit in Hongkong and wait for my new work permit there. It was in Hongkong where I obtained my previous work permit because I was working there then. My question is, will I be allowed to stay there while waiting? The immigration officer here in Canada told me that she already had a reply from Canadian Consulate in Hongkong that I wouldn't wait long as usual(6 months processing). How long will I be allowed to stay there? Please help me. PLEASE...PLEASE...PLEASE.... thank you.
  • hii
    my cousin is nepalese passport holder with indefinite leave to remain in uk. does she require visa to visit hong kong? PLS HELP.
  • Hi ,

    I am an Indian National and going on a Businesss trip to Hong Kong for 3 weeks . The Visa has been arranged by my Company .

    If I need to take my Wife along with me for 10 days , does she need to apply for a Visa before Flying from Bangalore ( India ).

  • I plan to HongKong in August 2009 from Canada. I'm holding Canadian travel document, and Canadian resident permanent card, but my nationalty is Indian. If I need to apply a visa before departing my homw town, Canada?
    If yes, please tell me how to apply it, because there's no any Embassy of HongKong in Montreal city.
  • My brother has green card in U.S. but he doesn't has any passport from where we were from. Back in those days, U.S. actually took away our passports. He needs to go to Hong Kong for emergency family business, what can he do?
  • I am a South African citizen and permanent resident of Australia and will be travelling to Hong Kong and Macau for 10 days in December. As far as I am aware I will recieve a visa on arrival at both Hong Kong and Macau but need a visa should I travel anywhere else in China. I will be travelling from Macau to Hong Kong and returning to Macau via direct Ferry. Do I require a visa to travel between the both destinations as it can be seen that I am in China while I am in transit on the ferry?

  • Hi! I am a Nigerian. Studying in South Africa. I want to visit a friend of mine who is a Hong Kong citizen for one week. What are the visa requirements and where should I apply for the Hong Kong visitors visa in South Africa? Chris
  • I have a criminal record for cultivation. It is 12 years old. I am Canadian. Will I be able to visit Hong Kong?
  • HI, I am a panistani , i have multipile visa for china, how can i get visa for HK? THANKS
  • I am Spanish, living in Ireland, do I need a visa to enter Hong Kong for 3 days stopover while travelling to Australia?

  • Hi there, nice to know you all here! This is Cindy from Guilin Tianyuan International Travel Service. We are located in a picturesque city --- GUILIN. As a professional tour operator, we are very pleased to help people from all over the world with their trips to Guilin and other parts of China :)

    Generally speaking, it is good season from April to November to travel to Guilin, as the weather is nicer during this period, and people can enjoy a very beautiful natural picture consisted of limpid water, miraculous peaks, green plants and blossomy flowers.

    Travelling in Guilin, people will never need to worry that there is nothing to see! Elephant Trunk Peak, Seven Star Park, Two Rivers & Four Lakes, Reed Flute Cave, Seven Star Cave, Gudong Waterfall Scenic Spot (a rare waterfall that people can climb)... these and more wonderful sciences are waiting for your coming and exploration.
    (Notes: Two Rivers --- Li River & Peach Blossom River; Four Lakes --- Banyan Lake, Chinese Fir Lake, Laurel Lake & Wooden Dragon Lake; They are connected and usually tourists visit them by boat and taking a walk)

    If you are tired of spending your time in city, it will be a good choice to go the LONGSHENG Terraced Rice Fields, which are built along the slope winding from the riverside up to the mountain top. The highest part is 880 meters in elevation while the lowest part is 380 m. The coiling line that starts from the mountain foot up to the mountain top divides the mountain into layers of water glittering in the sun in spring, layers of green rice shoots in summer, layers of golden rice in fall, and layers of silvery frost in winter. Just imagine how amazing it is!

    Another place never should be missed is the worldwide well-known YANGSHUO County, which is 67 km away from Guilin. It is said that “The landscape of Guilin tops in the world, and that of Yangshuo tops in Guilin” --- you can imagine how attractive it is even if you have never been to Yangshuo, you The popular activities in Yangshuo are very colorful: wandering around the West Street, visiting various traditional and modern shops in the West Street, sitting at an outdoor café, tasting the delicious local food and snacks, cycling along the road for sightseeing, rock climbing, Li River cruising, bamboo raft floating on Yulong River… There must be something that interests you.
  • hi there.i'm pilipino residing here in dubai UAE i have already my ticket booking in cathay pacific from dubai to hongkong , hongkong to cebu phillipines . i wanted to know how should i stay over in hongkong just only for 3 days. please help .
  • Hi, I'm British living in England with my Chinese Honh Kong born wife. we want retire to buy an apartment in Hong kong how do we go about it, as A Brit I can only stay there for 6 months on my British Passport. how do I get residency to allow me to live there?
  • hi
    i m nepali passport holder, have been working in macau upon on macau work permit visa. so i wanna go to nepal through hong kong airport so do i need get hong kong transit visa? if i must have , how can i get hong kong transit visa in macau ? thankx
  • Hi Par,
    U dont need to HK transit visa because The HK's policy is changed for the Transit rule.
    Have a safe flight back to Home
  • Hi, My wife and I are both UK passport holders. We will be arriving Hong Kong by Cruise ship and staying there for three days. I have been advised to obtan a visa for China. Is this correct?
  • yet, all the people went here need a visa.
  • For citizens from the Great Britan to stay in Hong Kong within 3 months, you don't need a visa. But most of travellers would go to mainland China from Hong Kong, you got need a visa then. But you can easily get a Mainland China visa in Hong Kong.
  • hi i am nepali passport holder...i am in China on tourists visa for last 7 days...i want to go to hongkong to see my frens for 2 days...Can i get the hk visa at hk immigration?..i have return ticket to delhi also.....D.T Jhankree
  • If you stay just 3 days in KH, there's no need to get a HK visa. But as long as you go to mainland China, you do need a visa.
  • We are on South African passports and I note we do not need a visa for up to one month stay in Hong King, but we are residents of Dubai, UAE. My 15 year old daughter is going on a business studies trip with her school in February from Dubai - does she need a visa and what documents will she require to depart Dubai and enter and depart Hong Kong?
  • @shelby - in theory no visa is required for your daughter, but as she is a minor there may be additional requirements. I would contact the China consulate in Dubai for clarity: http://dubai.china-consulate.org/eng/
  • If your daughter goes to Hong Kong with her school group, I think the school will help to get the group a group visa for entering and departing Hong Kong.
  • were from philippines and were going to hongkong on may.do we need to get hk visa for 4day tour?
  • Generally speaking, the Filipino (citizens with Filipina passport) can go to Hong Kong and stay in Hong Kong without a visa for 14 days. But there're some exceptions. And if you need to go to mainland China from HK, you do need a China visa.
  • I am Vietnamese, but I am living in Toronto, Canada for studying. I will go back to Vietnam to visit my family this summer and I want to stop by HongKong for few days. Where can I apply visa? and what do I need to prepare for? I heard that it may take up to 2 months to get the visa done because they have to send the application to HongKong and wait for it to be sent back. Is it right?
  • Pls i am from Nigerian,but i have residence in Ireland do i need visa to go to hong Kong for 1week.PLS HELP
  • Hi Emysc, I suggest you call to or go to the Chinese Consulate in Toronto for the latest policy. You know the visa policy changes.

    For Modupejess, if you have an Irish passport, you can go and stay in HK for atmost 90 days. If you go to mainland China, you DO need a China visa.
  • i would like to check if im allowed to exit hongkong with my uae employment visa as i am planning to travel for holidays in hongkong for few days and then leave for uae.i am philippine in citizenship
  • I am heading to Hong Kong for four nights in November on my way home to New Zealand. I am a New Zealand Citizen travelling on a New Zealand Passport. It is valid until January 2012. Will I need to apply for a renewal passport my ticket is only one way as I will be living in New Zealand from then on.
  • hi im a filipino citizen and i have uae work visa, is it ok for me to exit in hongkong going to dubai? what is the procedure? thanks.
  • Hi I am a filipina who work here in Hong Kong and I have my boyfriend from Nigeria and where planning to marry here in Hong Kong and I want to know how I make a visa for him. Please tell me, what are the requirements to make a visa to him? I want to make him here in Hong Kong. I need your help. I am waiting for the reply. Thanks.
  • I am holding a green card in us do I need a visa to visit hong kong for 4 days
  • I have a Chinese visa, and from my nationality, require a visa to enter Hong Kong. Can I use my Chinese visa and enter through Hong Kong, then Shenzhen into China and return the same way. I heard it is better to use the international airport in Hong Kong and travel to inland China from the airport in Shenzhen. Will appreciate any information you can give me. Can I use my Chinese visa and enter through Hong Kong, Thanks
  • Hi Guys,

    I have just been sponsored to work in HK from the UK. My girlfirend is Australian. Can we get married in HK and if so can she then join my VISA as a dependant and therefore stay and work in HK?

    Many thnaks for any advice!
  • ps just to add I am British.

  • Hello! 
     I am filipino citizen do i need visa to visit in hongkong for 21 days only? :) 

    Regards Maria Fe 
  • Hello.
    You want to go to china and you are facing problems in getting visa...?
    Here is your answer. Just go to visarite (www.visarite.com/China_visa.htm). They help you to understand visa and passport rules and also offer different types of visa. Detailed information is available there.
  • Hello every body, regarding my experience, i encountered a lot a
    problem. But i think most of the difficulties are due to the requirement
    for the file. I found some detailed information on this website: www.visarite.com,
    which helped me a lot to obtain it. It was useful
  • No, you can stay in Hong Kong up to 90 days.

    For others:

    No visa or entry permit is required for any purpose if you hold any of the following travel documents:

    • Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Passport,
    • British National (Overseas) Passport,
    • Hong Kong Certificate of Identity,
    • Hong Kong Re-entry permit (for entry from the Mainland of China and the Macao Special Administrative Region only),
    • Hong Kong Seaman's Identity Book,
    • Hong Kong Document of Identity for Visa Purposes provided that the document is valid or the holder's limit of stay in Hong Kong has not expired.
    • Travel documents bearing one of the following endorsements:
      • "Holder's eligibility for Hong Kong permanent identity card verified."
      • "The holder of this travel document has the right to land in Hong Kong. (Section 2AAA, Immigration Ordinance, Cap. 115, Laws of Hong Kong)"
    • Hong Kong Permanent Identity Card.
  • hi,,,im filipina and I want my parents to travel to hongkong for 10 days…what are the requirements that they need to get to enter hongkong?….thanks.
  • Travellers from the Phillipines don't need visas for visits of less than 14 days, so your parents should be fine. They'll need passports valid for one month after their trip, plus return tickets and proof of sufficient funds.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion