holiday in Amalfi Coast and Positano
  • Hi, I am going to Italy and want to spend a few days on the Amalfi coast and Positano. Does anyone have any suggestions of what to see and where to stay? What are the beaches like, are there good restaurants? Whats is the best way to get about, we were thinking of hiring a car. All advice much appreciated. x
  • Hi Sandy, ok will share my favourite place with the web. Its in Sorrento http://www.neffolaresidence.com/ and its perfectly situated on the very edge of the central Sorrento area. The accomodation is high quality with reasonable prices. From Sorrento you have central access to Pomei, Isle of Capri, Positano and the Amalfi coastline. Sorrento is an adorable quant town with cobbled alleyways full of crafts and restaurants. Try a new one each day! Someone recommended a driver service available from Naples (giul.carm@libero.it ) he can also do short tours for you. Certainly a car would be helpful to go along the Amalfi coast as well as back to Pompei. Other option is a train from Naples to Sorrento with local tours. Its a nice walk down to the ferry to go to Capri and the beaches are in that same area. Take the cheap bus back up to the top.

Enjoy!!
  • Hi Sandy,
    Amalfi coast is lovely, the door is Vietri sul Mare, then you'll find all the little countries like Cetara, Erchie, Maiori, Minori, Positano ... you need a car, sure, to plan the best tour.
    I'm agree to write to giul.carm@libero.it, they're expert guide and they can help you with all your needs (tipical restaurants, tours in the surronding like Pozzuoli, Cuma, Caserta and so on).
    It will be an amazing experience.
    Good luck!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged