Is Pramok Travels a legitimate travel agent?
  • has anyone ever dealt with portia ramokgopa from pramok travels in south africa? i have spent near $10,000 aud for air tickets she has my money and i have no tickets now she will not return my emails. can anyone help me?
  • Have you tried calling them? http://www.pramoktravels.com/Contact-us.php

They seem to be a legit travel agency, but are not members of IATA as for as I can see.
  • yes i have but the number just rings out
  • I see that Potia Ramokgopa is on Facebook, Twitter, linkedIn and myspace. Try to send her a message on http://www.alibaba.com/member/za109341681.html and see if you can get a response. Perhaps try to flag her thru the social networking sites as well to create a response. If there is no answer to the landline I would start to fear the worst.
  • Did you pay via credit card? Maybe you cancel or reverse the transaction with your provider.

I found this mobile number for Portia you could try, I got an answer from it so might be worth dialling: 27-748480-167
  • I have delt with her before and she has always come through, you are not ment to pay anything till you recieve the tickets anyway as they pay for them and you confirm them with the airline and then you pay her the money. From what i can see they are really good and always are quick. Are you sure that you have gone through the ight company?
  • kylie we did receive the tickets before i paid her but then the airline re credited the money back to her(said she is blacklisted) and everything is downhill from there she did contact me with appologies and sent 2 tickets through and promised 16 more in 48 hrs that was over 2 weeks ago. its now been 6 months since all this started, and yes i have definately gone through PRAMOK TRAVELS dealing with PORTIA RAMOKGOPA.
  • DavidF, thankyou for that number i will try it tonight
  • BrianB there has been no activity on any of her social sites since she opened them
  • In response to Kylie I dont believe you ever get air tickets issued before paying for them, you always have to pay in advance.

This is why it's always worth booking through and ABTA/ATOL bonded company (or Australian equivalent) in order to ensure if the sh*t hits the fan you are covered.

Let us know if you eventually get your stuff, as it could be just an issue they've hit and are trying to sort it with the airlines. Airlines can be notoriously slow at dealing with any problems... I mean we are talking months here!
  • i have used them before and piad them $25,000 and they tru for me and my family.
  • HI THERE I HAVE HAD CONTACT WITH PORTIA AND SHE HAS PROMISED ME I WILL HAVE ALL THE TICKETS ON OR BEFORE 31ST AUGUST I WILL KEEP EVERYONE POSTED
    ALSO THANKYOU MAY YOU HAVE GIVEN ME A LITTLE HOPE
  • well 31st august has come and gone no tickets had contact with her she then promised by 4th september and that has come and gone now no reply again and there is only 11 weeks before we are supposed to travel not sure what to do now i need someone to go see her but that will cost me another $2,000.00 each at least.
  • well we got 2 more tickets today so maybe she will finally do right by us just need another 14
  • Has she actually responded to your emails or answered your calls yet?
  • No! no response to me but one of the travellers emailed her asking where her tickets were and she emailed them through the very next day and promised to forward more on the the day after but that hasn't happened we are still waiting on 14 tickets
  • Hi,
    Pramock are not a legitimate travel agent. They sell Airline tickets at 50% of the cost, no travel agents can sell australian airline tickets at that price.
    People pay them by western union and then they pay the airlines with stolen credit cards- i assume the airlines have to refund the money to the person who owns the credit cards- not pramock travel. Therfore the airline loses aswell as the person paying pramock.
    Do not use them- The airline industry knows about them.
  • WELL SHE HAS SUPPLIED 9 OUT OF 18 TICKETS AND WE LEAVE IN 6 WEEKS NOT EVEN SURE IF THESE TICKETS WILL BE OK.
    DO NOT EVER USE HER --- SHE WILL NOT REPLY TO E-MAILS TO ANY OF THE TRAVELLERS 1 EVEN USED A SOLICITOR
    SHE NOW SAYS SHE IS HAVING FINANCIAL DIFFICULTY AND TRYING TO KEEP HER COMPANY AFLOAT
    SHE WILL SEND YOU ALL KINDS OF APPOLOGIES AND PROMISES ( SHE HAS EVEN PROMISED ME THE REST OF THE TICKETS ON HER LIFE ) THAT WAS BY 31/8/2010
    SHE IS A LIAR AND A CHEAT
  • OH YES SORRY HER NAME IS PORTIA RAMOKGOPIA BUT SOMETIMES REPLIES AS PORTIA RAMOK
  • I have used her more than enough times and still have never had a problem with her. i make sure i dont pay any thing untill i have recieved the tickets and spoken to the airline company....
  • I saw the email she sent you ... She doesn't fit the bill as a scammer, more like someone who has run into cash flow problems and is can't deliver the tickets. It would seem you have little alternative but to work with her and try to get whatever tickets you can before she goes bankrupt. Either way, her business is ruined assuming customers do a quick online search before sending her any money.
  • what do you mean you saw the email she sent me?
  • Sorry, I was referring to cannon327's email which she posted on another site...
  • Well she is a scammer my sister sent a request for tickets to bali and got a swift reply with the promise of cheap tickets around the same time. she is trading as normal. she has not contacted me or any of the other travellers that were supposed to go for a month now (they have all tried to contact her) she is a liar and a thief. there is now another post on another website saying that she has done exactly the same thing to another australian traveller.
  • I'm sorry to say this company are not a real travel agent- they use stolen credit cards to pay the airlines for tickets.
    They will be trying all airlines to see if they can get you on to a flight-again paying for the flights with STOLEN cards.
    It is a scam- not cash flow problems.
  • bobm - how do you know they use stolen credit cards?
  • I have been scammed by them.
  • virgin told me they have blacklisted her because of using suspected stolen credit cards (they probably won't say she uses stolen credit cards to me only suspected but if they were not stolen why did virgin refund all 18 tickets to the card holders)
    now that i have been ripped off by her i have gone all the way back through all the original 18 tickets with virgin and she has used a different credit card on most of them and random addresses like sydney sydney with dodgy phone numbers and 15 different e-mail addresses some not valid addresses as contact details so they cannot even let you know until you are at the airport ready to check in.------------- i only found out because 1 of the travellers was my daughters boyfriend and they broke up so he decided to get a credit on his ticket only to be told that they have been refunded to the credit card holders------------ thats when i contacted them to be told the above and that i am a 3rd party --- they do not have a contract with me so they will not help me in any way--------- even after they confirmed all tickets and because the travel insurance is with them (b-secure) and the tickets have not been cancelled (they just need to be paid for AGAIN) they won't do anything also.
  • What a shame. I feel for the people that have lost all their hard-earned money...thats terribly unfair for them, to now have to find ways around this scam.
  • Hi all, yes it is a scam,my friend went to the airport six months ago with her boy friend only to be told the tickets had been cancelled a few weeks before they flew out,they had to cover the whole cost again to the sum of around $2000 to get from Melbourne to Christchurch,the day they found out my self and my girl friend were about to transfer $2500 to Pramok via western union for our flight from Brisbane to Christchurch luckily our friends rang and told us it was a scam,so i then rung up virgin blue who pramok had booked us on and they told me that if i changed the reservation number pramok could not change the flight details because they would not know the new reservation number and it would be illegal for virgin blue to tell them,so i did that and have used about $2500 worth of pramok travel flights for free.i rang up half and hour ago to use the last of my credit and was told that the credit remaining was returned to the original credit card.so i am assuming that card was stolen and used to booked my orgianal flight.
  • Hello Friends..

I was introduced to this company by my friend in england.I was looking to make a group booking for my family members in the US as we were going to india for my nephew's wedding.I contacted them and within 48hrs they had booked for me 18 tickets at a very low price.I was very pleased with their book now pay after policy which allows you to make a booking without paying anything upfront....

Ryan Cleak...
  • Well ryancleat good luck to you but the last time i checked her web site has been shut down i have still only received 9 out of the 18 tickets i purchased in february and she will not reply to any emails that i have sent to her once you pay with western union you can not trace that money its gone for good. also one of the tickets that i purchased took 4 months to be refunded back into the credit card that paid for them. check all your tickets i bet they have been paid for using lots of different credit cards and lots of different email addresses as the contact, a bogus street address and a bogus phone number.
    here is just part of one of the emails she sent me:
    There is no amount apology that can satisfy your anger and frustration at this point. I know we have not done right by you but Madam i am begging you one more time to please bear with us, we will deliver the remaining tickets. That i promise you with my life.
    Mrs xxx , please remember how we started this relationship. It was based on trust and mutual understanding. Let us not reduce our relationship to a level of mistrust and insults. You have every right to be angry with us and we know that. But Madam, I assure you that you will receive all the tickets we owe you before the 31st of AUGUST 2010,we may send them in batches or all of them at once but I know based of what efforts and plans we have been making here at our office in the past 3 weeks.You are at the top of our priority list. We have had to make sacrifices and cuts to ensure that we raise enough funds to pay for your tickets.

Please madam, we check the itineraries almost every day and there are still ample seats for everyone to Bali. We know how you feel and we are not happy ourselves. This incident is like a non stop migraine for us. Please madam, I have promised you and this promised will be fulfilled. You will receive all the tickets before the 31st of AUGUST 2010.Hoping you will still have faith in us.

Regards and a 1000 Apologies

P.Ramok

needless to say no tickets have come through and no replies to any emails.
  • WELL I HAVE JUST BEEN IN CONTACT WITH THE AIRLINE TO MAKE SURE SHE HASN'T CANCELLED ANY TICKETS AND GUESS WHAT SHE CANCELLED TWO TICKETS YESTERDAY EVEN THOUGH ALL THE DETAILS WERE CHANGED PREVIOUS AND SHE DOES NOT HAVE A WEB SITE SO IF ANYONE OUT THERE KNOW HOW TO GET IN CONTACT WITH HER PLEASE LET ME KNOW SHE IS A LIAR AND A THIEF NOW WE HAVE 7 TICKETS OUT OF 18
    RYANLEAT YOU HAD BETTER DO A LOT MORE INVESTIGATIONS WITH YOUR TICKETS
  • WELL AFTER ALL THE DRAMA'S WITH THIS COMPANY AND THE CEO (PORTIA RAMOKGOPA) WE ENDED UP WITH 5 TICKETS ONLY SO I WOULD DEARLY LOVE TO FIND HER OR HER NEW COMPANY BECAUSE SHE OWES ME $6,500 AUD SO IF ANYONE OUT THERE KNOW HOW TO CONTACT HER I WOULD DEARLY LOVE TO HERE FROM YOU MY E-MAIL ADDRESS IS cannon327@aapt.net.au thankyou Leonie

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion