Best time to visit Greece & Egypt
  • I'd like to combine a trip to Greece and Egypt within a 2-3 week period. What's the best time/best weather? Any suggestions for tours?
  • Hi,

Both Egypt and Greece are large countries. It would take a week (at least) just to see the island of Crete
    properly. Flights are readily available between Athens and Cairo.

Do you have priorities in terms of things that you "must see" or do you plan to go with the flow?

No problems in Greece (with the possible exception of some areas in the larger cities (Athens, Thessaloniki) but Egypt really is better done with a guide or organised tour. Some areas are not very tourist friendly at all and can be quite dangerous if you wander into them. Many resorts in Egypt are way down in the south of the country and a long way from the Pyramids and Aswan so check your geography if these are the sort of places you want to go to.

Weather is fine in both countries for most of the year. A good time to visit would be May/June or September when temperatures are a little lower.
  • Hi catwomansm ,

Iam Ereny hana Iam Egyptian tour operator so i can advice you about Egypt , Iam agree with Opapakias that both greek and Egypt are Large countaries But About his comment about Egypt i like to clear some points :

" Egypt really is better done with a guide or organised tour. "

Yes Egypt Is need to be guided because you need to listen to an egyptologist tour guide to explian the Egyptian pharonic temples" .

" Some areas are not very tourist friendly at all and can be quite dangerous if you wander into them. "

Me too recommanded the organized tour not because Egypt is not friendly .NO Just to SAFE your time at Egypt and lost it try to find the touristic places . Because Egypt have Many places to be visit as " Desert / cairo / Alexandria / Red sea cities / Aswan / Luxor / Abu simble " and to collect all this places at limited numbers of days it need travel agency to insure your trip time.

" Many resorts in Egypt are way down in the south of the country and a long way from the Pyramids and Aswan so check your geography if these are the sort of places you want to go to."

About the location of your resort or hotel that return back to your desire and sure you need to honest tour operator thell you which place he recommand for you.

For More information about Egypt you can cotact me "Ereny@champion-tours.com"
    Best regards
    Ereny Nasry . Tour operator at Champion tours.
  • Dear Catwomansm,

I'm a Tour operator in Egypt work for a travel agent, Champion Tours Egypt. I can advise you of the best time to visit Egypt & the best itinerary according to the period you will stay in Egypt.
    The best time to visit Egypt starts from October till April where the weather is very moderate.
    Unfortunately, We don't arrange Tours to Greece. you can arrange it with another tour operator in Greece.
    It is better to contact through the e-mail for the detailed itinerary & I will reply you directly.
    Here is my e-mail:
    Antoinette@champion-tours.com

Best Regards,
    Antoinette
  • Thank you, Antoinette. As soon as I firm up my dates, I'll contact you. Regards . . . Sue
  • Ereny, I am wondering, in what language you tour Egypt's tours?
    If it is English, you need to work on the easy not complicated language.
    Simple is usually the best. sorry for that, but realy I want to give an advice. Thanks
  • Thanks Osososo for advice , i will take it .
  • if u wanna go in greece best time is from june till mid august. if then u can't stand the 30 to 40 C day by day and wanna get cheaper deals prefer september when sea is much warmer and calmer than it is in May.
  • Does anyone know if mental health services are availabe outside of the hospital setting in Cairo? Any psychologists or therapists in private practice or even clinics will do? Does anyone have resources or directories? I've been looking for a while with no results. Thanks in advance!
  • Hi,
    Needed to know if May wld be the suitable time to visit egypt and what places cld be covered within 7-8 days.I'll be travelling with ma hubby & son
  • santa Maria,Cld you give the total cost involved in a 7 day tour to the places you suggested- Thanks
  • Hi Anamika,

I'm Antoinette, working as a tour operator for a travel agency Champion Tours. you can check the web site: www.champion-tours.com
    I have the pleasure if you have some time to give you a detailed itinerary for 08 day tour in Egypt.
    Please contact me at Antoinette@champion-tours.com

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged