Where is Koh Lanta?
  • My client has asked for flights to Koh Lanta via Bangkok. I cannot seem to find where Koh Lanta is or a code or anything. Can you give me some info on getting there as it sounds like an Island?
  • Ko Lanta is a district, located approximately 70km from Krabi Town, consists of two major islands, the larger, more populated Ko Lanta Yai (Commonly known as simply Ko Lanta) and the smaller Ko Lanta Noi, as well as several minor islands. The island (Ko Lanta Yai) has 9 attractive white sandy beaches, splendid scenery; coastlines have more than 70 small islands and plenty with forest, coral reefs and under water life. The geography of the island is typically mangroves; coral rimmed beaches; and rugged tree covered hills. A popular tourist destination, the islands are known for their long, sandy beaches and scuba diving.archipelago comprises of more than 50 islands and lies in the Andaman Sea off the west coast of Southern Thailand.

Flights leave daily from Bangkok to Krabi (Krabi can also be reached by car, sea and bus). Resorts will arrange private transfer from Krabi Airport to Hua Hin Pier. From there, catch the ferry to Koh Lanta Noi and Koh Lanta Yai. This whole trip, from Bangkok, takes approximately 3 hours.
  • Just to add to the last piece of advice, you can also get to Ko Lanta from Bangkok via sleeper train. You can catch the train all the way down to Trang where you'll need to catch a taxi across to the coast where you can catch a ferry to Ko Lanta. You can also fly to Trang but the flights are not very often.

Flying into Phuket is another option and getting a ferry all the way down to Ko Lanta. This ferry journey normally goes via Ko Phi Phi on the way down.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged