Best time to travel to Vietnam
  • I'm planning a holiday in Vietnam. I've never been before and was hoping for some advice about the best time to travel to Vietnam. I'd also appreciate any other tips and suggestions about travelling around Vietnam.
  • Vietnam is a wonderful destination! There are so many great places to visit, filled with stunning landscapes, welcoming people and a treasure trove of pungent herbs and secret spices.

The best time to visit is between November and April as this is the dry season. However, one of the reasons that Vietnam is such a lush and beautiful country is that there's a chance of rain at any time of year. I have been in the July and also in April and both times I experienced lots of sunshine, and quite a bit of rain. For me, the rain adds to whole experience as this really is true Asia.

Halong Bay is an amazing place and is definitely one of my favourite destinations in the whole of South East Asia. It is simply beautiful and unlike anywhere I've ever been.

I also absolutely loved my time in Hoi An with it's laid back atmosphere and charming streets. There is a wonderful and almost deserted beach nearby called Cua Dai beach and you can get there by renting a bike or moto. Hoi An is also the perfect place to get some clothes custom made for you at one of the town's hundreds of tailors

I think you'll also particularly enjoy a trip along the Mekong Delta, as this will give you a great insight into the daily life of the local people in rural Vietnam. I really enjoyed this part of my own trip to Vietnam as there was just so much to see and floating along the river was great fun!
  • You may want to travel at early October as there is the 1000 years of Thang Long - Hanoi festival taking place this month. This is the biggest festival in Vietnam this year with a lot of activities with historical value. If you visit the North Vietnam, you should visit Hanoi, Halong Bay, Sapa and Ninh Binh. In the South of Vietnam, your best choices will be Hoi An, Dalat, Nha Trang, Sai Gon, Phu Quoc island and Ho Chi Minh City.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged