Is it worth visiting Brasilia?
  • I am considering including Brasilia on my itinerary of visiting Brazil. Is it worth seeing? I like architecture and cool buildings but am not hugely into it. Is there anything else to see or do around Brasilia or is pretty much what is in the city itself.
  • Hello David,

I live in Rio, and been to Brasilia a few times. The city doesn't have much to present for tourists. If you dig architecture, I guess you could enjoy it, but in my opinion it is not worth the time.

If you are coming to Brazil, I think you should stick to the biggest cities. It all depends on what you are looking for. If your priority is enjoying the good weather at the beach, then definitely hit Rio de Janeiro and also try to visit the northeast cities, like Salvador, Fortaleza and Recife, as it’s always summer up there.

Depending in the time of the year, the south of the country also presents great options at beaches in the state of Santa Catarina, especially the city of Florianópolis, the place where every woman is a golden godess…

If you want to know more, you can send me a message, I'd be glad to share any info.
  • Thanks SSP. Around Brasilia there is Itiquira Falls and Caldas Novas, the hot springs resort, are these worth visiting if I end up in Brasilia and need a day trip somewhere. I am keen to see the jungle so a long drive would be quite cool.
  • Hi,

i am planning my spring break and i had few different options, i'm struggling between Brazil and Mexico!! (i know hard choice!:p) and i have 3 weeks to spend there! it will be great to mix visits, beaches and lots of nature! :)
    i know 3 weeks is quite short for all i want to do but it's good for a start! :)
    can you give me some nice name of bars and clubs in Brazil, and where should i go to have the best things to see of the country?
    and as i'm on a tight budget, can you recommend some places? especially if it's the local type? because i'm browsing on http://www.southtravels.com/ and http://hotel.twenga.co.uk/ and actually i'm looking for more authentic and more local accommodations!

thanks for all your tips!

cheers!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged