Public transport in Kenya for tourists
  • I will be staying in Nairobi and wish to visit friends in Eldoret. What would be the approximate cost of a single trip between the two cities by matutu, bus and taxi?
  • The best way to travel to Eldoret is by Flight which is faster, You can asked travel agent called Adventurer Explore Africa for the advice. They advice me to take flight to Eldoret, I thought is was just a business language and I only took one way. I decided to use public bus to Nairobi, I regretted why I decided to use bus. I would would advice you to contact them for the advice through www.africaadventurer.com or info@africaadventurer.com I believe you will enjoy Kenya.
  • One way trip to Eldoret on Matatu will cost you about KES800, but a flight on Jetlink Airline will cost you KES5745.00 inclusive of taxes and have a morning and evening flight. please contact info@sunriseafricasafaris.com for more information.
  • Thank you to Kwasa and to Sunrise for your helpful advice.
  • Dear Sir/Madam!

We would like to travel from Hungary (Europe) to Kenya in June in private way. We are a family ( 1 man, 3 woman ). How can we travel from Nairobi to Oloitokitok to the border of the Tanzania if we haven't got any vehicles, so we will travel with "backpack". What can you offer? How much is that? Is it right for us if we go with overland bus or matatu? We would like to safe so we don't want to take a risk.

We look forward to hearing from you.
    Thank you!
    Jambo
  • I would not advise using matatus for a long journey. I suggest you contact a reputable travel agent in Kenya - I found uniglobe very helpful. They can be contacted via www.uniglobeletsgotravel.com
  • i'm looking for the budget guest house in Mikumi town any idear?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Tagged